WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Kevin's been working 12-hr nights for two weeks (through weekends and all), leaving me to be single mom for awhile. And boy, is it about killing me! Sooo... I thought this week I'd reflect on why I AM thankful for Kevin's job with the Navy.... (only 2 months left though until we're out!!)

* I am thankful for job security. We never have to worry about Kevin losing his job.

* I am thankful for the good pay that allows me to stay home with our beautiful children.

* I am thankful for the excellent benefits--full medical coverage and housing money.

* I am thankful that being in the Navy has brought us to the good friends we have made throughout the years.

* I am thankful for the places that Kevin has gotten to see during his deployments: Italy, Portugal, Crete, United Arab of Emerites, Key West

* I am thankful how the distance has taught us the value of togetherness.

* I am thankful for Kevin's opportunity to serve our country.

So in the midst of all those blessings, two hard weeks of Kevin working long days is somehow worth it! Until we get out, that is! haha

Join us for more Thankful Thursday at Sting My Heart.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

I am blessed reading your blog. I also believe that our country will be losing a great soldier. I thank him and you and the children for his service!! "Salute" My God bless you and your family where ever you may be!!!

Anonymous said...

Your weekly memory verse in your side bar is one that I just recently memorized! Cool!

It can be hard when your hubby works a lot. Choosing an attitude of gratitude really helps, doesn't it? :) I will say that after going through a time of financial hardship, I am truly thankful for my hubby's wonderful job and for all the extra hours they allow him to work. We miss him when he's gone to work and we absolutely love it when he's home. But God is faithful to be right here with us, helping us every step of the way!

Hope you're having a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte

Kristi said...

I think this is my first visit to your blog. Your children are precious! I have a Hannah too. I enjoyed your TT list. Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I loved your Thankful Thursday list. Please let your husband know that we are thankful for his dedication to the military and protecting his country.
Blessings to you and your family!
Tracey

BellaMama said...

These times of such hours were extremely difficult for me too. (Dh was on a nuclear submarine & after we were married worked at a nuclear power plant-so very similar to the navy's hours, but he was able to come home in the evening or morning after 12 or 16 hr shifts he worked for 4 to 5 weeks!!)

This will pass soon & you'll be surprised that you made it through!!
Consider this as free time to get more things done, whether for moving or organizing or even cooking or reading extra to babies or, shall I say, pottytraining (if Eli can come and go when told, then it doesn't take much when they are this age and in the willing to please stage!-just a thought). God has given you this time to be extra productive.

Blessings for the SuperMom!!
Mrs. C.

Susan said...

Wow, your blog is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

So nice to meet you. Great list. I'm so excited for you, only 2 months to go!!

Your children are precious.

Happy TT to you♥

The Fischer Family said...

Even though I don't know you and your family, I also want to say thank you to your husband, and to you and your children, for the sacrifices and service you've all made for our country. I sleep better at night knowing that there are such wonderful men and women out there that are ready to defend our country at a moments notice! So, thank you from a grateful nation, and a very grateful mom!

Sarah said...

I love your positive and thankful attitude! Thanks for sharing!

BellaMama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancie said...

Beautiful thankful list! Thank God for blessing your husband and you in so many ways through the Navy. It is always a joy to visit your blog. I love to see the picture of your lovely and sweet children. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God continue to shower His love upon your family in many wonderful ways daily. Take care and God bless!

Denise said...

I really enjoyed your thankful post.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this. What a wonderful way go get through this time. Always look to the positive. I went through a similar situation and I wasnt near as positive..Thank You for sharing.

Blessings
Crystal

cryssi said...

oops I was signed in wrong...Sorry! (Its been a crazy morning) It's me. Crystal at prayingmomof3

bp said...

Thank you for being a military family for our country.

I liked this one on your list: I am thankful how the distance has taught us the value of togetherness.
That is so true.