WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Meanderings

It's a short week for us, but we must continue to be productive in the three days that we have before going on another weekend trip, this time to Oklahoma for a family wedding. Kevin's still chugging along with his night shift. We try to eat around 4:15 so we can at least have one meal together with him, but that doesn't always happen. Either I haven't had time to get something ready, or more likely we're just not hungry yet. Either way it's still a loong evening for the kids and I, so we've been trying to do errands and outings in the morning and do our school time in the evening. "School" really doesn't end up taking very long (30-45 minutes total) but it sure helps to have some sort of plan for evening time, otherwise we just sit around being bored and feel tired. *sigh* Only 5 more weeks of this... I can't wait 'til it's done. I've been doing okay with the kids, but I just feel so tired. I wish I had more discipline to get myself to bed earlier, but I usually end up working on things in the evening, whether it's posting pics to the blog, like last night, or working on activity plans. And unfortunately because of night shift, Kevin's days off don't really mean all that much; it just means he gets to stay up all night at home instead of at work. He still has to sleep during the day so day outings for the family are still hard to squeeze in (like how I want to go to a pumpkin patch). But I'm trying to be thankful for the time that we do have, even when it's short. This is only for a month and then we'll be back to his rotating shifts. Anyhoo, on with the week, huh!

Bible Study
Wow, I guess I haven't done anything for awhile! I will continue my fruits of the spirit word study, this week doing kindness.

Memory Verse
Psalm 90:14 "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

Husband Encouragement
be thankful for the time we have with him! This week we made him sugar cookies to take with him into work, next week will be the blackberry cheese pie.

Train Them Up
* we're working on how to communicate. what a concept! =)
* obedience training with Hannah (it took 30 minutes of crying and spankings last night at dinner before she finally put a toy down so she could eat. whew!)
* memory verse: Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away anger."

MUST Do
* Hmm, maybe I should empty our suitcases from our last trip already so we can pack for the trip this weekend
* Get things together for MOPS: mail out reminder postcards, buy snacks, plan activities
* Send out bills
* Get some mail out
* Prepare Operation Christmas Child box

Zone
Master bedroom. I just found a new bed set for our room, we've never really had one, just quilts people have given us. So now I want to get it all cleaned up and looking nice again. Well, except for those quilts that are hanging over our windows keeping it dark for Kevin! haha Now I can't wait to paint!

Menu Plan

Monday - broccoli cheese soup, oranges
Tuesday - chicken chili, pears
Wednesday - French dip, green beans, apple

FUN THINGS!
* MOPS planning meeting Tuesday
* Toddler story time Wednesday (this time for Eli's age group)
* Leaving for Oklahoma Thursday (9 hr drive alone with kids. pray it goes as well as last time!)
* My cousin's wedding Saturday!

Have a great week, friends! What's on your agenda??

1 comment:

Simple Life said...

I love reading your blog. I have been following it since you were pregnant with Hannah but never have left a comment.. You are always encouraging and have great ideas for raising children.

I am a stayhome mom of 3 with 1 on the way My husband works all the time so I am always looking for ways to make each day special!

I read another blog for ideas too Maybe you would enjoy it..

http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/

Please keep posting