WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Especially trying to go easy and cheap this week! Just cuz.

Monday-- Pork chops, seasoned potatoes, fresh peaches (didn't get to this meal last week)
Tuesday-- Broccoli Cheese Soup (recipe below)
Wednesday-- Easy Chicken Parmesan, garlic bread, corn
Thursday-- Appetizer Nite-- Pizza bagel bites
Friday-- loaded potatoes, pears
Saturday-- mac n cheese w. hot dogs (my hubby's FAVORITE)
Sunday-- Shrimp Scampi, lettuce salad


RECIPE: Broccoli Cheese Soup (My mom passed this recipe on to me, and I think it's absolutely FABULOUS!!)

1 c. chicken bouillon (1 cube + 1 c. water)
1/2-2/3 pkg. frozen broccoli florets, cooked and smashed into small pieces
2 c. half and half
2 Tbl cornstarch (mixed w. small amount of milk to dissolve)
1 8oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
dash of pepper

Mix everything together and let simmer. Do not boil.

For more menu ideas, visit Laura at Organizing Junkie.

8 comments:

Annie said...

I am going to try your broc soup recipe. My daughter emelia loves broc soup more than any other food (except maybe mashed potatoes :o)
But, I have to drive quite a ways to get it for her.
Your menu looks great!
Blessings~~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

We had chicken parmesan last night--so good!

Great menu, thanks for sharing!

Blessings~

jennyr said...

shrimps oh shrimps...i love shrimps! but can have it at home =( hubbys request!

Anonymous said...

The broccoli soup looks great! Thanks for sharing!


MJ

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Pork chops here tonight too! Love shrimp scampi!! Great looking menu.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Your menu looks great! It shows how well you can eat, simply and cheaply, without feeling deprived.

Laura said...

Your menu looks wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us.

Laura

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Your recipe looks yummy! I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for new soups.