WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

24 hours.

Whew, it's been a long day. I'm tired and ready to take a nice hot shower after having no water for almost exactly 24 hours. That sure made life interesting, needless to say. I spent all morning melting snow, which ended up only being enough for us to feed the cats and flush the toilet two times. With the microwave, stove, and oven I had a pretty good system going, but still it was a very slow process and one that I gave up on by mid-afternoon. I also learned how dirty snow actually is, despite its pure white color! There was quite a bit of dirt that settled to the bottom of the bowl as I was melting! What a surprise!

While I was melting snow, Kevin was trying to dig his truck out. He worked on it for almost 4 hours this morning, took a couple hours break, and then went back out right after lunch. Finally around 2pm, a nice old man came by with a front-loader and helped pull him out and scoop the road! What a blessing!!

By the end of the afternoon the winds calmed down, the sun shone, and everything was calm again. COLD (7 degrees!!), much too cold for play, but calm. So we took a rest.

And then Kevin got to work again fixing the water problem! Turned out it was a specific fuse or something or that sort. And I'm so thankful it was something we could fix without an electrician!

We had our mac n cheese and hot dogs for dinner, and now finally all the dishes from last night's dinner are washed and stacked high. The kids are tucked in bed, heaters are running, and clothes that have been in the washing process since yesterday are re-washed and finally getting put in the dryer.

Tomorrow's agenda: the lane. Must get it cleared out so we can get out for our Kansas City babymoon on Friday!!
And amidst all of today's chaos, one can still find much beauty:

3 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, I felt so much empathy for you! We have been there! It is fun for a little bit to kind of play like Laura Ingalls Wilder but then it gets old really quick! Makes you thankful, though!

Anyway, so glad you got your water back on and the truck out!!

By the way, what kind of van do you have? We are looking at purchasing one and seeing the one in the picture reminded me to ask you what you have and if you like it??

Love you!

The Fischer Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for everything you guys have been going through! I can't imagine that with two small ones (especially being pregnant!!!) Have you ever thought about having food storage? There is a great website called Food Storage Made Easy (I have their button on my blog to help you get there!) They have GREAT tips on building up food storage (things like water and the other essentials) for just this type of emergency. And the best part is it doesn't have to be expensive! You do it little by little! We've gotten started this year and it's made me feel so much better about situations like that! Just thought I'd pass that on! Glad you guys are doing well! Hang in there!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Hey Sweets! I hope you are having a TERRIFIC time on your babymoon!