WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow, Christmas, Family.

A brief description of what our week has been like since Tuesday and over the holiday week...

Change of plans.
Freezing rain for 2 days.
Early Christmas.
Great time spent with both families.
Several hours with no electricity.
Candlelight Christmas eve dinner.
Candlelight songs by the piano.
Perfect moments.
Heavy snow storm.
Kevin back to work.
Still snow.
Fun board games.
Lots of goodies.
And hot chocolate.
A fun evening with my friends (and my kids).
Still blowing snow.
No plows back home.
Kevin's truck stuck. Again.
Kids and I "stuck" at my parents' house.

Yup, that about covers it. Without going into the long drawn-out detail of what's been going on. Basically we've had a lot of BAD weather here this week, but with a little rearranging we've still been able to have some nice time with both families. Kevin trudged his way back Christmas Even to return to work on Christmas Day and the kids and I stayed to visit with family that's home for the holiday. We would have driven separately but because of the weather we all crammed in the truck, and my parents will drive us back (or meet halfway with Kevin) whenever things are clear for us to get to our house. I'll have pictures and more to share when we get back home to our computer, but I thought I'd at least pop on and share a brief update. Hoping to get back home tomorrow. I miss my hubby and the home routine. But we'll enjoy this for now!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It all still sounds nice! :)
I wouldn't like HAVING to be away from home, either, though. I hope you all make it home safely very soon.

BellaMama said...

Looks like we're getting all you got in the way of weather! One thankful point: where ever we've been stuck-at least there's running water and electricity/gas!! Enjoy your last few weeks - in a moment you are going to have 3 little ones!! :)

Blessings and Hugs!