WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Holiday Style

Well with Christmas this week and us going home to see family, I'm obviously not going to be posting a week of plans. But I did think I'd share what our holiday plans are!

Kevin's been on nights over the weekend, and now today he starts his 4 days off. While he's still sleeping this morning, the kids and I are having a play date over at a friend's. Thought it would be fun to hang out before we all head off for the holidays. With the blizzard two weeks ago and then our trip to KC, it's been awhile since we've really seen anyone!

Tomorrow morning we're going to have our own little family Christmas. Stockings, one present, and a nice breakfast complete with a strawberry-cream cheese butter braid I bought from the local school's fundraiser. Then in the afternoon at nap time we'll drive home. Kevin and I are driving separately since he has to return earlier for work, while the kids and I stay a few more days to visit with family that's coming in for the holiday.

Wednesday we'll probably be just bumming around and taking care of a few Christmas-related things. My brother Paul and his wife Holly fly in that evening!! Kevin's sister Carri and her husband Lucas will also arrive that day!

Thursday will be our day for Christmas celebrations. Morning Christmas with my family and an afternoon Christmas and dinner with Kevin's family. Christmas Eve church service later that night, though I'm not sure I can go because the kids will be in bed. (the service doesn't start 'til 10:00) My dad's the pastor so their house is right next door, and as tempting as it is to just bring the baby monitor, I don't think I can do it. Kevin will drive back for work the next day. (bummed he doesn't get to see the family more while they're here!!)

Friday is Christmas! No big plans though. Probably a nice Christmas dinner with my family but otherwise probably just hanging out.

Saturday. Again probably just hanging out with a visit to see Kevin's family sometime during the day.

Sunday. Church in the morning. Then after naps I'm hoping to get together with some of my friends from home while Paul and Holly head back to the airport.

Then Monday sometime I'll head back home with the kids.

So it'll be a nice week of family time and relaxing! And celebrating Jesus' birthday! I like to play Christmas hymns on the piano by candle light/Christmas light, read the Christmas story, and watch The Nativity Story movie.

What are your family's plans this holiday week??

3 comments:

jaesi said...

After you left I scarfed snarfed and stuffed those muffins into my mouth...so good. Thank you.

Okay, I just barely watched The Nativity Story the other night for the first time and I loved it! I love that actress.

Aunt Angie said...

Merry Christmas Sarah! I'm on a little blogging break, but needed to check on your little "growing" family!

Love you!

Kathy said...

Helloooo Sarah!

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy it girl. A Merry Christmas to you all!!
xo