WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Meanderings - Happy Summer!


Bible Study - currently reading through 1 John

Memory Verse - 1 John 2:3-6
"We know that we have come know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."

Husband Encouragement
* Try to get us to bed earlier. He needs more rest than he usually gets.
* This week's Love Dare: Think of an area where you struggle to show patience toward your spouse. Demonstrate love toward them by giving them more time to grow in this area. Commit this specific matter to prayer.

Train Them Up
* I came up with a morning schedule, so I want to try it out this week. If it seems to work out, I'll share it with you! =)
* slow down and make sure they do what I ask them. SO OFTEN I don't even notice that they didn't obey me!

Personal Goals (new rule: these goals shouldn't be about your homemaking or parenting. It should be something for YOU.)
* come up with a diet plan for "this week"
* work on figuring out a exercise routine - a good time of day I can commit to

New Habit of the Month
wipe down bathroom counter nightly

MUST DO
* clean off shoe shelf
* pay bills
* prepare for weekend
* purchase baby gift
* set dates for Eli's birthday parties (family and friends)
* buy new swimsuit top online (found an inexpensive, modest one, but the power went out just as I was getting ready to checkout)

Zone - living room

Menu - will get back to you on this one!

M - hot dogs and brats, potato salad, peaches
T - hamburger helper (it's been awhile since I've done any easy convenience meal like this, takin' it easy this week AKA didn't plan a menu before going to store LOL)
W - crockpot - pork and sauerkrat, mashed potatoes
Th - kabobs
F - ?
S - ?
Su -out of town

FUN Things!!
* Kevin's day off today!
* Maybe an outing on Thursday?? Maybe to the lake with the kids, since it's supposed to be our one sunny day this week.
* Possibly an all-day MOPS planning day Friday.
* Baby shower for a friend on Saturday.
* To Iowa for a friends get-together and all our babes!!

3 Things I'm Thankful For Today:
1. Sunshine after these terrible storms.
2. Kevin's day off today and hopefully getting our dining room flooring put down!!!
3. Routine. Just love it!!

Get organized. Be productive with your time. Have fun with your family. Make plans now before time passes you by! Leave your link below! Have a great week, sweet friends!!


1 comment:

S Club Mama said...

I need to do this yet today. I'm thinking grilling all week sounds good. I have no idea what to cook otherwise. LOL

Where did you find a modest swim top online? I need one, too, to go with my board shorts.