"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7" (one of my most-favorite verses!!)
It's been awhile since I've done this because I've been doing it every night in my lil' notebook. But on this cool, breezy, slow-start-of-a-day cappucino morning, I'm back. And oh so thankful....
* As much as I hate Kevin's rotating work schedule, I really love that he gets a 6-day off every month. He's just getting off his and heading into nights tonight, and we've had a wonderful 6 days this time. We've gotten SO much done on our house projects and we've done a few family fun things too.
* After all this our dining room is back in use (somewhat temporarily still while we wait on flooring) and our table is out of the middle of our kitchen, and it's sooo wonderful! I can open my cupboards without smashing the table, I can open the oven without cramming into the table, and the kids can be in the kitchen while I'm cooking without TOTALLY overwhelming me because it's so stinkin' cramped. I have my nice open kitchen back and I feel so free again!! =)
* The downstairs bathroom is soon changing from a water closet into an actual half-bath! It's mostly gutted and last night we picked out our bathroom light fixtures! It's SO EXCITING to see progress around here!
* I am thankful for my amazing, hard-working husband who has been working working on all his days off!
* I'd been noticing lately how much Carter has been outgrowing most of his clothes. I finally pulled out Eli's old 6-9 month bin of clothes and there is tons of stuff just right in there, and I didn't have to buy anything new!
* And for a little bit of change of gears here I'm thankful that my role as a parent has caused me to grow in my faith so much--challenged me to be a good example, to talk about God all throughout our day, to pray together, to study Bible verses, to recognize my own sin through my children's repetition, to practice confession and forgiveness daily, and to grow in love and patience.
What are you thankful for?? Take a break from your daily to-do's and thank God for all your blessings! And link up over at Grace Alone!