It’s a rainy day today, I’ve got music playing, and I’m feeling contemplative. We have vacation coming up TOMORROW and since this can sort of be a stressful time for me (since I'm such a planner), I thought I would come up with a few things I can specifically work on so I’m encouraging to my husband throughout this trip.
1. Really hold my tongue about making any driving comments. Even though Kevin doesn’t drive the same way I do, he is still a safe driver, and I trust him. AND I really appreciate him driving so much because I get sleepy after just an hour or so!
2. Work on not getting stressed about keeping schedules.
3. Thank Kevin when he pumps the gas, and even offer to do it a couple times so he can just enjoy the break when we stop for a few minutes since he’s the one who drives the majority of the time.
4. Offer to get drinks for us when we stop and then get a sweet treat Kevin would enjoy.
5. Bring some of my own entertainment (books, email, Sudoku, etc) so that Kevin can enjoy some computer gaming time with his friend Ken without me complaining about what I might do while he’s playing.
Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.