WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge--Vacation Style

Alright, it has been soo long since I’ve even thought about the ongoing challenge of being encouraging to my husband. I’ve forgotten my goals, and I haven’t been making much of an effort at all to hold my tongue and choose my words wisely.

It’s a rainy day today, I’ve got music playing, and I’m feeling contemplative. We have vacation coming up TOMORROW and since this can sort of be a stressful time for me (since I'm such a planner), I thought I would come up with a few things I can specifically work on so I’m encouraging to my husband throughout this trip.

1. Really hold my tongue about making any driving comments. Even though Kevin doesn’t drive the same way I do, he is still a safe driver, and I trust him. AND I really appreciate him driving so much because I get sleepy after just an hour or so!
2. Work on not getting stressed about keeping schedules.
3. Thank Kevin when he pumps the gas, and even offer to do it a couple times so he can just enjoy the break when we stop for a few minutes since he’s the one who drives the majority of the time.
4. Offer to get drinks for us when we stop and then get a sweet treat Kevin would enjoy.
5. Bring some of my own entertainment (books, email, Sudoku, etc) so that Kevin can enjoy some computer gaming time with his friend Ken without me complaining about what I might do while he’s playing.

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those awkward and tiring car trips. We used to travel to Nebraska in just one shot. 26 hours in the car can do strange things to people! :0) Hope the trip goes well and that you make it there and back safely!