WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thankful Thursday: Back from vacation

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16

This past week we've been on vacation in Virginia visiting our church family and friends from when we used to live there. And we just returned home last evening. It was a great week but also challenging as we got hit with sickness at the end of the week.

This week I am thankful for...

* My husband. He surprised me by setting up a spa appointment for a massage and pedicure for me. I've never had this before and it was a really amazing morning getting pampered like that! Very relaxing and a nice retreat! What a thoughtful man!

* Eli's sickness. That it was toward the end of the trip and it gave me a new sense of patience with his fussiness. Once I knew he was not feeling well, I was more sensitive and loving toward him when I had been very frustrated before.

* My husband. He took care of all the cleanup after Eli was sick. I am so glad that he was there. If we had been home and Kevin at work, I don't know how I could have taken care of Eli AND get everything cleaning up at the same time. I am so thankful Kevin was there to help out!

* My sickness. That it was at the very end of the trip. And thank goodness for garbage bags. Enough said.

* Eli. There were a lot of new things for him during the trip. The 10-hour drive, new room, off schedule, out all the time, new boundaries and things he wasn't allowed to touch. But through it all he did very well, and I am so thankful for him!

* Our friends. It was so great to see everyone! We still miss them!

*Our friend Ken. For letting us stay at his house. It saved a great expense and made the trip affordable! He was a real trooper about us taking over with baby stuff everywhere. We really appreciate his hospitality throughout the week!

* Safe travels. We're home. And it's good to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a very thoughtful gift from your hubby. Blessings on your family...

Aunt Angie said...

Great thankful list! Your husband did a very sweet thing! A SPA!!! Now that is something I could really enjoy!!!
Glad you are back and feeling better!!!

Jules said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!! I have been lurking on your blog for a few days and decided to say "Hi". I really enjoy your blog, it gives me a lot of encouragement!

God Bless,
Julie