Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16
1 Thessalonians 5:16
I know it's late in the day for this post, but I'm finally getting some free time, and hey, it's still Thursday, right? =)
This week I'm thankful for...
1. Family. We've just had two wonderful weeks of family visits, first being my parents and second being the in-laws. And it was sooo great having them here! Being in the military, we live a thousand miles away from family and flying home is more like a once-a-year thing, so I'm so grateful that they are able to travel here to see us sometimes! The in-laws just left yesterday and are still in route, so pray for a safe trip!
2. Tylenol. We're going through another bout of teething with Eli. He usually sleeps very well at night and we don't hear from him until morning. But last night he cried out 3 times before 10pm, the third time being quite a fit in which I had to intervene with a dose of Tylenol and lovins. After that he was good to go for the night and slept soundly.
3. Timely phone calls. Eli just turned one and every week is also turning more into a toddler. I was having a very frustrating day today and was losing it when I got a call from my friend Angie who is dealing with many similar frustrations with her little one. It made me feel a lot better just knowing I'm not the only one this week!
4. Our new deck. It's nothing fancy, just a platform really to cover the small ugly cement slab that was there. My wonderful husband worked so hard on it while his dad was here to help, and I think it turned out really great! And the best part is that our landlord is paying for it!
5. Quiet evenings. Hubby is back to working nights the rest of this week. And as much as I miss hanging out with him in the evenings, I really appreciate the quiet time. It's not very often that I get actual "me time" without feeling like I should be doing something else. So this is good for me, especially after such a busy last two weeks.
6. My Hubby. I can't have a thankful list without mentioning him! He's so amazing! These past two days when I've been super frazzled with Eli, he's been really great about taking turns, and helping me stay calm when we have to let Eli cry for a little while. He's flexible about dinner plans when I'm too exhausted to cook. He's great at helping get the house back in order after a week of company. And he's sweet and loving to me!