WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Family Focus Friday: Bible reading

In one of the books I read I got a great vision of having "daily Bible reading time with mom" where all the children gather together in the afternoon, curl up on the couch with cookies and milk and read from the Bible together, older kids reading to the younger kids.... That's my great vision that I hope to make true someday.... someday....

Right now I TRY to have Bible time with Eli during breakfast (because he can't yet sit in my lap ever and doing this while he's strapped in the high chair seems like the only possible time). First we read through the Proverbs and now we're working through the Gospels, starting with Matthew. Like I said, I TRY. We do this IF he's having a breakfast he can feed himself and that takes awhile (like toast). I know he's only 15 months, but I'd like our "daily Bible reading time" to be something more. Something special. Something so he knows just how very important it is.

So I'd love to know, what do you do with YOUR children?? What's your Bible reading time like? Please share!


Previous Family Focus topics: (it's never too late to comment)
* Fun Fall Activities
* Nutrition
* Meal Times
* Halloween
* Your Neighbors
* Family Worship
* TV Time

1 comment:

TulipGirl said...

When my boys were infant / toddler / preschooler age (mine were close in age as yours are going to be) we did "morning circle time" ala waldorf/montessori that included singing hymns and reading the Bible (short bits at first) and doing catechism. It was a very special time. It isn't always easy with little ones, but I know you and they will enjoy it. When the new baby is born, you might want to do Bible time while nursing. That worked for us. . .