WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A necessary part of our day.


Besides Bible time and being filled with God's peace of course. This is a new routine I started last week, and I gotta say, I'm really loving it! Hannah recently started just taking an afternoon nap. Before that I'd do "school" with Eli while she napped. Then when we quit morning nap, I'd set up blanket time for Hannah and I'd do "school" with Eli while Hannah played on the blanket. Well, I've kind of been skipping school time lately (why pressure myself? Eli's still a little kid!) and instead I've been having the kids do a sort of blanket time at the same time. So for about 30-40 minutes Hannah does blanket time in our sitting room and Eli does room time in the play room. They're doing it right now as I type this, and the quiet, peaceful playing is glorious! I see how it's very good for them to have some time to play apart from each other, because they're otherwise inseparable! To be able to play without the constant struggle over who has what toy, or having to be gentle, etc. It's just a really nice break in the day. And while they do that, I have time to do whatever's most needed--housework, read the Bible, or a little of both. It's amazing.It was really hot yesterday so Eli was just in his diaper.Hannah's on the right and Eli's in the back room on the left.

1 comment:

bp said...

Great idea! I'm glad it's working out. We have that same kitchen!