WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for my children. Life would be so quiet and boring without them. And they sure are cute and lovable.

I am thankful for air conditioning. We don't have central air and only had one window unit, downstairs, but yesterday Hubby put in two units for upstairs, and it is sooo much nicer! As much as I LOVE just having windows open, it's starting to get a bit too hot for that these days. (low 90s!) I am thankful my husband is the handy man he is.

I am thankful for music. I don't play it much because it's often too much noise to have music playing and toys going off at the same time. But this morning I've been playing my music, and it's so nice.

I am thankful for quiet time. The kids played peacefully on blanket time for FOREVER this morning, and it was sooo nice!

I am thankful for my husband's job. Honestly, so much of life comes from that. Food, house, clothes, fun things, etc.

I am thankful for fresh fruit. I just love it!

I am thankful for our weather radio. Since we live in the country now and away from tornado sirens, I really wanted to make sure we had something to alert us at the house, especially for nights when I'm home alone with the kids. We've had a lot of severe weather in the area lately, and it makes me feel safe to know we have a way to hear news. Even if it means listening to alerts go off all through the night, or all afternoon like yesterday, for an area 2 or more hours away. I'd rather hear all that than not hear anything. Safety is important. I'm also thankful that those alerts are just for weather, and not of my child's heart machine or something much more serious like that. (keep praying for Baby Stellan) And more importantly I am thankful for our Great God that watches over us in all the storms of our life.

What are you thankful for this week??

1 comment:

bp said...

You have a wonderful thankful list, Sarah! It sounds like you've had a blessed week. That's great you got some window units for upstairs too. God bless you!