WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
Contagious Joy

Husband Encouragement
pray for him

Train Them Up
new discipline

Personal Goal
* keep a daily food log for the week
* work out once (starting with manageable goals here)

Must Do
* Spring cleaning! I failed to get it done before the end of May. There are just a few things left if I can really focus to get it done.
* Clean out the van, again. Every time we go on a trip we come with the van a disaster zone!

Zone
White shed.

Menu--after being gone the whole weekend and eating a lot of junk food and heavy meals, this week I think Kevin and I both just want to eat healthy again! That's healthy compared to our norm, may still not be healthy compared to what many of you are used to, but at least it's a start. For me that means trying to use lean meat or no meat, little pasta, less cheese, and more fresh produce instead of canned. I'm excited to try a lot of new recipes this week! Wednesday and Thursday look like our only days of no rain, so we'll be grilling those days!

Monday - salads with diced ham n toppings (ham is leftover from last week)
Tuesday - black bean chili, pears
Wednesday - turkey burgers, roasted potatoes, grapes
Thursday - grilled chicken, Mexican bean salad, oranges
Friday - BLT/turkey panini, carrots, apple
Saturday - pork chops, cheesy vegetable risotto, applesauce
Sunday - TBD, because I absolutely cannot come up with one more meal at the moment

dessert: chocolate ricotta muffins

Fun Things

* Just a normal week this week, but if we get a day without much rain I want to take the family to a local bike path that follows along the river from town to town to town. I really miss getting out for walks, so I'm trying get some options together of places to go once or twice a week--where to park if we go to town to walk, or other trails. I'm thinking this bike trail might even be the place I might try Goal #6 this summer.

No comments: