WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Orange-Banana Smoothie

I made up this recipe last week after I'd served our family a scrappy dinner and I wanted to offer them something delicious. We had a couple bananas needing to be eaten before we left town and we happened to still have orange juice in the fridge from something else. Turned out really delicious for being basic ingredients!

Orange-Banana Smoothie

1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk
1 banana
1/4 cup sugar
splash of vanilla
8 ice cubes

Blend in blender.

2 comments:

BellaMama said...

Very yummy! If you want to cut the sugar and you like pineapple, use a "in it's own juice" canned pineapple-dole is good, comes in crushed, tidbits and rings.
#4 calls this "White Berry Drink", we ran out of blueberries (frozen) and therefore got the name. There are other great frozen berry mixes. If you want another way of sweetening and less ice, use frozen bananas-also makes it thicker.
Another homeschool mom puts fresh spinach in hers. It doesn't affect the taste and just makes it have green specks in it.
We use homemade yogurt and then just add milk to stretch the final product.

Hope you're enjoying the warmer weather!

bp said...

Sounds good! I need to do some experimenting with my blender. I got it for my birthday and haven't used it much. I want to get in the habit of making smoothies!