WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm still here.

Except for yesterday's quick post of photo shoot pictures, I haven't spent much time on here lately.  I even missed Monday Meanderings, which I DID do but it didn't make it out of my journal and onto the blog.  Sorry, but I'm not sorry for my absence.  If you're curious as to what I've been up to, you CAN read about it on the family blog.  Basically I've been staying busy with the kids during the day and totally vegging out in the evenings because I'm so exhausted.  Especially the last two days because I haven't had nap time (for myself) either day.  Yesterday afternoon I was doing the photoshoot and today nap time was in the car so I was driving for an hour.  Man, I'm EXHAUSTED when I don't get that down-time in the afternoon.  Sounds so selfish out loud, but at some point every day you have to stop and breathe and have a wee bit of quiet even if the kids are still awake doing something else for the moment.  And with the weather being nice for a little bit, we've been play play playing as much as we can!  LOVE IT!

Aside from all THAT, I think I've finally figured out Kevin's "love language"... SLEEP!  With him working so much lately I've been letting him sleep later (8 hrs instead of his usual 5.5hrs) and he's a whole different person when he's awake!  Affectionate and ready to be with his family instead of still needing quiet time and being withdrawn.  It's quite amazing that thing called sleep!

But seriously though, I have also been reading a marriage book called What Did You Expect? by Paul David Tripp (not to be confused with TEDD Tripp, author of Shepherding a Child's Heart), and so far it has been excellent as well.  Teaching me so many things about MYSELF and my ugly sin nature and how that affects my life and marriage.  I have much more to learn, and I do hope to share as I finish the book (which I'm not even close to yet!) so sit tight.

I've also been trying to get motivated... about exercising, about housekeeping, about finishing projects, about creating.  I feel better when I'm super productive than I do about a Facebook comment, yet why is that I still choose Facebook over productivity??  AHH!  Working on this...

So that's where I've been.  Hope you're well, dear friends!

No comments: