WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Meanderings - Apr. 25

Alright, this week I HAVE to get with it!  Last week I did so bad in the homemaking department! In one week span, we were down to ONE diaper, ONE diaper wipe, virtually NO toilet paper, and the last trash bag!  ACK!  I guess with Outage (AKA having to drag the kids with me EVERYWHERE) and also the increase in gas prices, I've been avoiding errands.  A little too much so, I guess!  So I need to get back to my lists. Ahh, lists....


Bible Study... Genesis.  

Memory Verse... 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (I'm going to keep this for the whole month, I think, instead of changing it every week)
"And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Wash sheets.
♥ Laundry washed AND put away so it's not all folded all over the couch when he wakes up and has nowhere to sit.
♥ Tidy up.
Prepare the lawn for being mowed.  It needs done soooo badly now but he just hasn't been home to do it, and it takes more hours than what I've got kid-free.
♥ Be supportive.
♥ Prepare a nice dinner for his day off.

Train Them Up...
* Reading time with Eli.
* Get outside as much as possible. (we played in the rain last week!)
* Have Kevin put Carter's car seat together (which means I need to bring it up from the basement so it's right THERE for him and we don't forget)

Personal Goals...
* Read next chapter in marriage book.  I kind of lost motivation.  I have such a HARD time concentrating on more than one thing.  For awhile it was reading that book and now lately it's been working out.  I have a hard time allotting a little bit of time to several different things.
* Daily Bible reading.
* Run 3.1 miles (5K) in increased time or with slight incline.

New Habit of the Month...  {APRIL} Spray down dining room table nightly.

MUST Do...
* Trim the bushes. (I started this a couple weeks ago and it was more difficult than I thought.  Hard to reach and the branches or thicker than I expected so they're hard to cut)
* Write a thank-you note to the Clarks for hosting us for a wonderful Easter!!
* Call the school to confirm Eli's participation in kindergarten roundup.
* Prepare something for the MOPS newsletter.  (last one for the year!)
* Return library stuff.

Zone(s)... Dining room.

Menu -
M - ham, green beans, fruit salad
T - steaks, roasted potatoes, cooked carrots
W - salad?
Th - TBD
F - brats?
S - friends' house

FUN THINGS! 
* No preschool today because of Easter break.  Always nice not to have a schedule to keep.
* MOPS picnic Tuesday. And a short visit from Kevin's aunt in the afternoon.
* Kevin's home Tuesday night!
* Hannah's going to my friend Nikki's house during preschool time, and it will be my turn for a break!
* Going away party for a close friend of Kevin's on Saturday.

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. The RISEN Savior!
2. A fantastic Easter celebration with friends.
3. A lazy day today.  =)



No comments: