WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

What I miss most.

One of THEE BEST things I remember and loved about college was the joy and excitement it was to be together with friends.  I don't know if it's cuz we all just had each other. No parents, no families then. Just us living together in dorms, spending free moments together, worshiping together, dining together, and going out for weekend adventures. It was amazing. But THE HUGS are what stand out most.  A big, tight chest-to-chest hug that you just hold for a minute every time you greet. I LOVE hugs. Big, real hugs. It means the world to me. I'm pretty sure my Love Language is physical touch.  When I'm upset I just want to be held. At the end of a fight I just want a good, long hug.  Words mean nothing if there are not tender actions to go with it. 

But now

My life means carrying arms full of bags and babies and holding the hands of my children so they don't run off into traffic.  My arms are almost always full, my hands are busy, and I miss hugs. REAL HUGS.

So dear friends in real life, if you see me and I'm not carrying a small child, please hug me. A good real hug.  I will love you forever.  Thank you sincerely.  - Sarah

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I SO wish we lived closer so I could give you that real hug! Praying that someone you encounter today gives you a REAL BIG HUG!

~Amanda said...

Uff! How I wish I could just drive to you right now and hug you! Sending a big ol' virtual hug until I (finally!) get to see you!

Randi S said...

Oh you KNOW I'll hug you! I love your hugs!!

Kelly said...

HUGS!!!

The Fischer Family said...

Hugs are the best aren't they!?!?! I hope you get a good one soon!

Anonymous said...

If you need to be held, why not ask someone who is close enough to do it? When your husband gets home, you need to ask him for a hug. Ask your kids for hugs. If that's what you like, then teach the ones who love you most and who you love most to give that to you. And if you feel like you can't, it probably means you should.

Be Strong in the Lord said...

I know what you mean. There was something about those hugs. My husband gives great hugs, and I find them encouraging... but there was something about those hugs back in the day. Your post made me stop and wonder why we stopped giving them just because we got married and got older. It seems that we should still try it... Thanks for making me think.