WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Activity: Snowman

At the end of all our paper activities in the fall, I had been thinking about how I wanted to start incorporating more textures and adding dimension to our projects. I've been wanting to do this one for quite awhile now, and now that we have snow on the ground and life has settled down a bit, today was the perfect opportunity!

Here's the setup
Eli was so excited about just the cotton balls themselves, I guess we wouldn't have even needed to go on to the actual activity! haha
He did such a great job with the cotton balls!
Now for the face...
There he is! Buttons and face...
Every snowman has to have a hat...
Oops, better give him some arms!
Now the scarf. I just cut off a piece of scrap fabric and we tucked it in between the cotton balls.
Now look at that smile! THAT is why I love doing these projects so much!

5 comments:

bp said...

Great job Eli!! What a cute snowman you made! Caleb liked seeing your snowman today.

Thanks for sharing the step by step pictures, Sarah. I always enjoy seeing your projects! You're doing a great job!

alisha said...

What a perfect snowman! Eli looks so big! Where did the time go? I love this idea!

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

How fun... he looks so proud!

Jules said...

Eli did a great job! What a great snowman! I will have to try this with Claire and Lily this week. Although, sadly, we have no snow.....just icy slushy mud here..

*You've been tagged! Come over and play along! :)

The Fischer Family said...

So cute! We did a snowman project too, using scrapbook supplies and Bri loved doing it! It's so fun to see how proud they get of their creations!