WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, January 23, 2009

A summary of my night.

I think Hannah's getting some new teeth soon, and last night was a baaad night. Here's a summary:

Up (2am)
Rocked to sleep
Down #1
Cry it out
Still crying
Up
Rocked to to sleep
Down #2
Cry
Up
Rocked to sleep
Down #3
Cry it out
Asleep! (3:30)
Up (4:00)
Rocked to sleep
In bed with us #4 (4:15am)
Up (5:00)
Fed
In bed with me #5 (daddy's up for day already)
Up (6:00)
Rocked to sleep (by daddy this time)
Asleep and in crib! #6 (6:15am)
Awake for day (7:45am)

Hannah woke up and I could not get her laid back down without her immediately waking up and crying. And she's the type that in the night, she really doesn't calm back down on her own. Believe me, we tried, and she just wouldn't do it. Somewhere in the middle of that I gave her some teething tablets since every last bottle of infant tylenol was EMPTY. Sooo, I was awake from 2am-6am before finally getting one good hour of sleep! Oh the joys...


4 comments:

Angie said...

We are totally having a week like that! I don't even know how I am still functioning. Can you say "BIG BLACK BAGS" three times fast? Ben keeps telling me, "If God is Sovereign, and He is, then this is what He has for us at this appointed time. And it's not just mediocre or good--it's His BEST for us right now." I trust that is true but when it is 4 am and I've slept a total of 2 hours, it's not always easy to embrace! Praying for a better night for you tonight AND that God will help us grow in embracing what is true during the trial.

Amber said...

Sarah, you are one patient, loving and fabulous mom... that is for sure! Hope things with the move and new home are going smoothly! Love you!

Jules said...

Oh yes, been going through something similar A LOT lately!! Not the baby, isn't that funny? He sleeps like 11 hrs. straight every night! Praise God! But, my almost 4 yr. old is up every 30 minutes to "go to the bathroom". Fun times.

So, I will be praying for you & I wish I had some great advice but I guess it just doesn't get any better! (Sorry) :)

Love you!

BellaMama said...

We've found that when the children wake like yours, it's because they're not getting enough to eat. Growth spurt or just not getting enough "good for you" foods. If you've eaten junk lately, it's a sure sign that the babies need some bean type meal or lots of veggies (soup or the like) to help get things clear out. If they are behind on liquids, getting them to drink earlier in the day rather than making up late will help with any extra full diapers or bathroom runs.

I really hope this helps. Remember God is in control and WILL show you how to handle each and every situation for your family!

Blessings always!!