WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kickoff to 2009!

Wow, I truly can't believe that it's a whole new year already! Time seems like it's been stopped for about 3 months now while we've been in between jobs, and we've been so fixed on getting a house and everything, the time has slipped away!

I'm slowly but surely plugging away on my giant list of goals to be completed before July 29, 2010 (101 Goals in 1001 Days). Some things I've been crossing off just because as time goes on they don't really matter anymore (like doing church time with Eli--he got older and now he obeys us and understands when to be quiet so he can be in church with us without us having to practice at home). But here are a few things I'm really going to be doing this year:
  • Planting a garden (Goal #35)--corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, and maybe radishes--especially since we're moving to the country
  • Run 1 mile without stopping (Goal #6)--Kevin and I both want this to be a year of fitness and get into some actual workout routine (Doesn't everyone say that at the beginning of the new year?)
  • Read a book just for fun. (Goal #34)--seriously, why has it been sooo long since I've done this??
  • Goal #44 and #57 just might be combined-- Next year is Kevin's and my 5th anniversary and I really want to do something special for a whole weekend, so I've dreamed up in my head that we'll go to Colorado and stay in a lodge for an extended weekend. We'd love to visit my brother in Colorado this summer but we aren't sure what Kevin's work is going to look like and when he'll start getting vacation time.
  • Complete emergency fund in savings. (Goal #64) This and goal #75 to follow budget for house renovations go together. We're hoping that living in the country/small town will help us change our life style and spend less money eating out, etc. Once we get finished buying the house and everything we're going to get back into our cash budget.
  • Make nursery decor for Hannah's room. (Goal #90)-- I cannot wait for Hannah to FINALLY have her own room (and crib finally! instead of pack n play) and to decorate with all the girly stuff! =)
  • Finish scrapbooks (Goals #20-24). Once we get into our house we're hoping to set up a scrapbook desk (an old desk we found at Kevin's parents' house) so I can have a place to work without worrying about cleaning it back up every single time.
  • Pick one way to serve at church (Goal #80). This will especially be good as we're going into a new church family, a good way to get to know people and settle in.
I feel like I should be including spiritual things too because that's very important also, but it's not as easy as just a checklist, so we'll just leave that personal. It's definitely an area in which I hope to grow this year though, and I PRAY that we find a good church family that can be encouraging to us.

So how about you? What are your goals for the new year?


7 comments:

Sharon said...

Sarah, your list is inspiring, as usual. :)

Run a mile-great goal. I may adapt that for myself.
For me it's more or less basic: Get back into the Dave Ramsey budgeting, doing it every single month (together!); Get back to my more healthy menu and lose the weight I've gained back; Increase my personal prayer time as well as couple prayer time.

House-wise we may replace our roof, if the funds allow. As it is we have to replace carpeting.

Fun times ahead!
Oh, what did you do for church practice at home? Good idea!

bp said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! These are wonderful goals for this year. I love you plan of your getaway for your anniversary. I hope it works out for you to get to do something special.

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite an impressive list. The fact that you wrote them down puts you ahead of most people. Good luck!

n*stitches said...

Great list! We are working to get debt free this year. Since I am in charge of most of the descretionary spending, I am moving to an envelope system to help. I even made a wallet just for this! Happy new year!

paul said...

What kinds of books would you enjoy reading for fun?

Anonymous said...

Great list of goals, especially including spiritual things too. It is so important to remember that as well as the busy stuff that life has us doing!
Good luck with your goals. I hope they are all achieved.

Diane

The Fischer Family said...

Sarah, I am so inspired by the goals that you have set for yourself. You really are striving to become a woman of Faith and I truly admire you! I'm hoping to start the 101 goals in 1001 days this year too. Good luck on yours and I hope your family has a very blest new year!