WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Calling all you domestic folk!

Can someone PLEASE answer this lifelong question I've had?!! What is with kitchen towels?? Are they not the most non-absorbent towels ever?? When you use them to try dishes they just smear the water around, instead of actually drying like normal towels do. Why are they made like that? Why are they specific for kitchen when that's probably where you dry things or wash your hands the most? Anyone?? Please!

5 comments:

Becky Goerend said...

I wonder the SAME thing! I have some William Sonoma towels that are more flour sack like that really dry, but I have some other ones that don't dry worth anything...f

Kathy said...

i think you have to buy the cheapy ones that are more like bath towels than those cute kitchen towels. i have wondered the same thing. are they meant to just hang in the kitchen and look pretty?? =)

sarah marie said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog a while ago and enjoy reading. The only towels I have that work are the "flour sack" towels from Bed, Bath & Beyond. My Mom loves those, too. Other towels just streak the water around - you're right!

Sandi said...

Sarah, I know about eye infections and figured out how to administer eye drops(this was trial and error on my self/you have to blink if something is fixin to be poked in your eyeball)
But the dish towel thing, I just don't know about. They can put a man in outer space and he can live for months but they can't make an absorbant towel to dry dishes with. Go Figure?????

Sharon said...

I'm not too domestic, but I agree w/ Kathy. I get the cheaper ones and they seem more absorbent. The nicer ones, imo, are more for decoration.

I also frequently put up solid colored bathroom hand towels for kitchen use. They are much more efficient.