WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monday Meanderings

I've been good about doing my weekly menus, but now that we're getting more settled into our house, I'm ready to start getting back into routine. I want to put more quality into the day instead of just whizzing through with the day-to-day things. So I'm going to give "Monday Meanderings" a shot this week and see how it goes!

Bible Study/Devotions
1 John with the 5:16 Club

Personal Goal (I'm adding this into the plans)
* Wake up earlier than the kids (6:30am target time for now), so I can be dressed and have quiet time before they're up. Unless Hannah's up again for four hours in the night. THEN sleep is required!

Must Do
* Laundry!! now that we finally have our washer and dryer hooked up (thanks, Hubby!), I have sooo much I have to catch up on! We're practically digging out of our hampers for clothes to wear!
* Drop off recycles in town
* Fax paperwork to IRS (and no, we're not in trouble about anything! It's about military war zones)

Zone (s) Okay, I'm cheating and doing TWO zones.
* Kitchen/pantry. I really want to get it all cleaned and in order!
* Guest room. I need to get through those boxes so I can move Hannah into there temporarily and start painting her bedroom! =)

Train Them Up
* Get back to organized crafts and quality time with Eli.

Menu Planning
Monday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peaches
Tuesday - loaded salads, grapes
Wednesday -pork chops, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans
Thursday - chicken chili
Friday - margarita pizza
Saturday - parents visit - Italian chicken breasts, oven roasted potatoes, homemade applesauce

Dessert of the week: strawberry oatmeal bars

2 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

I love your Monday meanderings!!!!! And I love you!

happyrockcafe said...

Tried the strawberry bars. I had to alter the recipe a little because of Ray's diabetes. There were some frozen strawberries left from the spring so I just cooked them down adding a packet of sugar free jello for sweetener. Also put in a little less sugar for the base mixture. They turned out great. Everyone thought they tasted just like a nutrigrain bar, haha!