WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, January 30, 2009

I love our library!

So I just stopped in our library for the first time today. I've been waiting for a time to check it out, but getting there with two kids isn't the easiest thing in the world. Well, Kevin has today off and I needed to send a fax from the library, so I finally got my chance to poke around a little bit! And boy, I am sooo excited about it! First off, there is a carpeted clawfoot bathtub with pillows in it for kids to play in! You have no idea how much joy this brings to my heart. One of Eli's favorite things to do is pile blankets or pillows in his lap and pretend he's in a bathtub getting all wet. So to hear that this is an actual THING in our library gets me excited because I know Eli will love it! There are bagged toys for you to check out, there are toys and puzzles for use in the library. There are tons of children's movies/shows like Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train, Veggie Tales, plus all the classic Disney movies! And another one of my very favorite things is that you can check out cake pans!! How cool is that?! That is such a genius idea since you really just use novelty cake pans one or twice. So yeah, I really can't wait to take the kids and make library day a regular part of our week now!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Cake pans at the library. Now that's one resourceful place!

bp said...

It sounds like a fabulous library. Glad you got to check it out. Who would haev thought of cake pans at a library but that is such a perfect idea really. I look forward to seeing your creations in the future with your borrowed pans!

Emily Anne Carson said...

:) :) :) :) That's awesome! I love the cake pan idea! I'm so glad to hear about this fabulous library!