WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Happy 4 Years

Today is our 4-year anniversary! Before the move we sort of celebrated by going to a dueling piano show in town and then today I moved in with him! haha The kids and I arrived while Kevin was still at work, and he came home with some beautiful roses. Then we had a home cooked dinner followed by a swirled strawberry cheesecake. Yum.. I hadn't planned on moving in with the kids until our furniture arrived, but since it could be another full week or even two, and I'm just too excited to be in our own house, I packed everything up and here we are!

In honor of our anniversary, here are some random tidbits about us:
1. We've been together since high school.
2. We survived 5.5 years of a long-distance relationship.
3. We spent our honeymoon at Elizabeth Point Lodge on Amelia Island, Florida.
4. We love camping and hiking and even bring the kids with us.
5. We would love to go kayaking. We went once on our honeymoon and haven't had a chance to go since.
6. We share clothes a lot.
7. We also share a toothbrush when we travel.
8. Kevin always makes the pancakes at our house.
9. We've been to Niagra Falls.
10. I tried cutting Kevin's hair once and did such a horrible job I won't try it again.
11. Our favorite T.V. show is Fringe.
12. We don't have cable so we watch it on Hulu.com
13. Our favorite movie is Lord of the Rings.
14. We just bought our first house together. sort of...
15. Kevin had a house already when we got married but this is the first one we picked together.
16. We like to make cookie dough just to eat the cookie dough.
17. Our favorite game is Farkle.
18. The last movie we went to in the theater was the new James Bond movie.
19. We really like Red Box though,
20. But there aren't any where we just moved.
21. When we order pizza we always get half-pepperoni (for me) and half-mushroom (for Kevin) with thin and crispy crust.
22. Next year for our anniversary (#5!) I want to stay at a lodge in Colorado for an extended weekend.

Alright, I suppose that's about all I've got for ya. You can read our love story HERE from last year's post.

Happy anniversary, honey! I love you!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary!
It's just so beautiful to look back and see how you've grown and what you've been through. :)
The place you stayed on your honeymoon looks incredible.
I hope you make it away for your 5th!

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

CONGRATS on another great year together! How wonderful that you had an extra special reason -a new home- to celebrate this year. I'm so happy for you guys and wish you the best of luck in all the endeavors this change will bring.

Welcome to homeownership... batten down the hatches it's always a pretty wild ride! But with lots and lots of memories to build and keep forever! :)

Keep in touch!
~Kristen

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCH
A WONDERFUL MARRIAGE AND I WISH YOU
MANY MORE HAPPY YEARS. LOVE, LT

bp said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Our anniversary was the 3rd (11 years) but we were all sick so I didn't get to post that day.:(

You are making me want to make cookies!! :) And, the place ya'll stayed at on your honeymoon is beautiful! We won't even mention the honeymoon we had, now that was an experience! But, we've made it this far so I guess it made us stonger?! :)

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Julie

BellaMama said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Hope you enjoy many more with more lovely memories!!

~Blessings!!

Holly said...

Yeah!! Congrats and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't WAIT to be married 4 years!! Heheheeee!!

Emily Anne Carson said...

:) :) :) :) Congrats. So inspiring. Love you, Sarah!

The Fischer Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratultions on four years and two super cute kids! Here's to another, oh I don't know...50 maybe! (Years..not kids!!!)

Aunt Angie said...

OOOOO we would so have a blast one night...eating cookie dough...and playing FARKLE!!!!! We introduced our family to that game years ago...and we have to play at almost every gathering!!!