WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

10 Days


Just a quick update before I head off to bed here...

* We made it through our first days with Kevin back to work, night shift even. It all went quite smoothly. Kids watched a lot more TV than normal, but I'm not going to feel too bad about it. We'll get there.
* Friday afternoon we finally got the go-ahead from the doctor to take off Carter's bili blanket for his jaundice. What relief! I was sooo sick of the machine and all the limitations that came with it!
* I'm very tired. Carter is doing much better about sleeping in his own bed now that he's off the bili blanket. And he sleeps decent at night, still waking every 3-4 hours though for a feeding that takes about 45 minutes, sometimes 1 hour if I doze for awhile in the middle. But I mostly can't sleep well because he's had some big spit-ups lately and every sound he makes I put my glasses on and peer over the bassinet to make sure he didn't spit up all over himself. He's usually fine and I lay back down only to check him again a few minutes later. I do this for the first three hours, it seems, until he's awake for his next feeding, usually around 1 or 1:30am. Then after that point I'm so tired I actually get decent sleep for a couple hours until feed time again, usually around 4 or 4:30am. He eats pretty well and lays back down, without a whole lot of up and down up and down or crying business, so I'm thankful for that. But still, I'm tired.
* I've been able to manage a nap most afternoons. Sometimes it helps, and sometimes I'm just more tired and can't wake back out of it. But that's just for a time. It'll get better soon.
* Today I braved church alone with the kids. Kevin works again next weekend, and I didn't want to just keep skipping because I really miss the fellowship, so I figured we'd just go for it. It went surprisingly smooth. I made sure I told the kids firmly beforehand what my expectations were, that as soon as I said it was time to go, they needed to come right away. (something we seem to always have issues with at church) I knew I was NOT going to be able to chase them around the church and deal with a big fit while at the same time juggling Carter who I expected would be crying in his car seat (but didn't). Anyhoo, it was all fine. We stayed for an hour after church just visiting with everyone and letting the kids run around since they've been cooped up all week. This week we'll be getting back to a lot of our normal routines, and I'm looking forward to it.
* Tomorrow Kevin starts his four days off, so I'm really looking forward to some family time. It's kind of a full week with appointments, prayer meetings, Bible studies, errands, n such. But all good things.
* Next Sunday I get to see my brother and sister-in-law as they head to Omaha to do house-hunting because they're moving back this way soon!! Can't wait!!
* I trimmed Hannah's bangs yesterday. They'd been hanging down to her nose. Figured it was time to fix that. Now she looks even more grown up. How did she grow up so much in just 10 days?
* I watched part of the Hope for Haiti benefit concert the other day and now I have Justin Timberlake's "Hallelujah" totally stuck in my head and on repeat in iTunes. So beautiful, though I'm not sure about the lyrics, all about David's sin with Bathsheba.... I suppose we all have our own sin, and for that we also stand before the Lord singing Hallelujah.

Okay, that's it for now. Time is slipping away, and I must get to bed and catch the zzz's while I can! Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You are so brave taking the kids solo to church. Good for you!
My 2yo still has issues behaving in Church, whether he has his kid-Bible or not. :( I'm glad it went so smoothly for you!

Enjoy the days w/ Kevin off work!

jaesi said...

Garsh he is beautiful.

Ooooh I love love love that song...
this is my favorite version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NEU6Xf7lM

cryssi said...

I'm So glad that church went smoothly for you! Sounds like you have a full week ahead of you... Have a blessed week and yes, they do grow up really fast..lol. Way too fast!

Blessings
Crystal