WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
continue word studies on the fruits of the Spirit. I've been working on this for awhile ,and now this week at church we're starting the Beth Moore Bible study on the fruits of the Spirit, so I'm excited to see what she adds to my learning and growth! This year I especially want to work on self-control regarding anger and time management!

Memory Verse
Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Husband Encouragement
Join him in things that he enjoys. ie play a video game together. I'm the world's worst player but it would probably make him feel good if I gave it a try again.

Train Them Up
* Responsibility chart. I realized last week that I need to come up with something as more of an instant-reward instead of only waiting 'til the end of the day to evaluate. I think that would help motivate the kids to remember their responsibilities throughout the day without me reminding them all the time. Haven't figured out what to do yet, whether it's a mini M&M each time, or a "button" they collect stickers on throughout the day. So I'll keep thinking on that one.
* I also want to start something like the If/Then chart. Mostly I want to really get in the habit of using a Bible verse for every discipline/correction.
* Continue morning Bible time with the kids. I've been trying to read a Proverb and Psalm a day, either at breakfast or right after.

Must Do
* mail out hospital forms
* stock up cupboards for easy post-baby meals, plus essentials like toilet paper and paper towels
* write notes for kids' childcare instructions
* confirm childcare plans for baby time
* move all the car seats back to the van
* make a pie for neighbor who so kindly keeps digging us out of the snow

Zone
Christmas decorations. Should probably take our tree down, huh? I love the glow of lights in the evening and have no desire to get out the big Christmas bin and wrap up all the ornaments, but it really must get done....

Menu - got this done while waiting at the doctor's office this morning!

Monday - spaghetti
Tuesday - egg rolls, egg drop soup, fried rice
Wednesday - chicken piccata, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans
Thursday - Bible study night - toasted Italian subs, chips, carrots
Friday - pulled pork, fries, corn
Saturday - breakfast burritos, toast, fruit cocktail
Sunday - zuppa toscana soup

FUN THINGS!
* baby appointment this morning. still about the same as last week, but the baby has dropped a little bit and is in head-down position. Our lane is clear now, herbal teas and nursing bras came in the mail today, and the forecast is clear, so I'm ready!
* MOPS tomorrow. We missed last month's meeting because of... SNOW! So I'm extra excited to see the ladies again, plus the activity I planned for the kids seems like a pretty simple but fun one!
* A new ladies Bible study starts up this week at church. I'll miss a couple weeks sometime because of baby, but I'm going to try to get in on as much of it as I can.
* On Friday Kevin starts his 6-day off from work (just part of the rotation). Seems like a good time to have a baby, huh? =)

Alrighty, hope you ladies are off to a good week! Join me with your meanderings!


3 comments:

Angie said...

So many things to comment on today :)

1) Beth Moore studies have been awesome for me and my walk with the Lord. She is a very wise teacher and her use of Scripture is incredible! Love her! Praying for you as you start that study. What a helpful thing it will be to have a set study when the baby is born. I always find it helpful to have a specific plan, especially on those days when you're too tired to think!

2) I commend you for wanting to use the Bible to correct and train your kiddos! Caleb's heart is much softer to correction when I'm using verses to help him see how he has offended God and that the ultimate offense is against Him and not me or Elliott or whomever! Also, Ben and I strategically pick verses for Caleb to memorize and then when he is in need of correction, we often just ask him what "Philippians 2:14" says and he will respond and will be convicted by God's word and not by us. It seems profitable and beneficial for Caleb! Thanks for wanting to train your children in the Scriptures!

3) That chicken picatta recipe from Taste of Home is incredible! I make it often. It is slightly involved but SO SO SO worth it! Have you ever had it?

4) Cannot believe you are about to have 3 blessings! Can't wait to hear what name you've chosen. When is your actual date again? I'm so excited for you! When Katie had her baby I just held her and already couldn't wait to have my 4th...isn't that crazy? I hadn't even had my 3rd but couldn't wait to have another! I can't wait for you to have another to snuggle and love and kiss!

In Light of the Truth... said...

I have made the chicken piccata before, but because it is slightly involved, I don't make it often. But it's one of Kevin's favorites so I thought I'd make it this week.

I can't wait to hear what name we pick too! It's still slightly undecided!

Anonymous said...

HEY! I just wanted to say don't feel bad about your Christmas tree still up. Ours is still up and the lights/garland outside! HA I have took down the inside decor and put them in our spare room. It IS such a pain to get all the bins out and such. My goal for the weekend ;) LT