WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Wow, I didn't mean to do Thankful days for all of November and then quit altogether! Since Kevin doesn't have a Monday-Friday schedule and neither do the kids and I, mostly I just don't have much concept of what day it is and Thursdays pass me by! But today here I am, taking a moment to give thanks to the One who gives all things, including my very next breath.
"Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19-20
* First, I am thankful that Kevin was able to get home from work this morning. He left last night just after the winds and drifting had started. And I knew after a night of more blowing, the roads in the morning couldn't be good for his return. They weren't good at all and often he had to drive in the other lane because of drifts, but he made it to town where he could then walk the mile out to our house. He's really been through a lot the last month in his trek to work. Getting his truck stuck three or four times now and then spending all day trying to dig it out so he can get his truck off the road and make way for plows to come through. Walking the mile to and from town in cold, windy weather at times when we know that country roads aren't clear but highways probably are driveable. And shoveling through the 4-5 ft drifts that cover our sidewalks at the house. He sure is such a trooper and never once complains! And now I am thankful that he is snuggled up and warm in our cozy bed, last night was his last night of this shift, and we don't need to go anywhere for a couple days, allowing time for the roads and our lane to get cleared once again!

* I am thankful for all the time I've had this week diving into God's word. It's not something I'm good at sitting down and doing, but this week I have, and it's been so encouraging.

* With our 5-year anniversary being tomorrow, I am thankful for this wonderful man who walks beside me through life. We've both grown so much in the 11 YEARS we've been together, and I'm so thankful for the work that God has been doing in our lives individually and as a couple. I can only look forward to all that is yet to come!

What are you thankful for today??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah-
You've probably already thought of this, but perhaps it's time for you to consider purchasing a plow for the front of Kevin's truck. It's very costly, but it might pay off in the stress and worry it reduces! Plus, it sounds like the snow can become a safety issue (for example, having to get out to the emergency room with one of the kids). Just a thought...

In Light of the Truth... said...

Anonymous,
Believe me, we've considered the front plow for Kevin's truck. But when he looked into it, he found that they are NOT recommended for trucks his size. Sooo, we're looking for a used tractor with a blade or front-loader at a decent price we can afford. And until then we're just trying to make do and rely on others to help scoop for us. Even with a truck plow, it wouldn't be able to push through some of the drifts we're having here! I hate it, but we hardly have a choice!

Anonymous said...

Geez, your drifts are crazy! In rural Wisconsin, my parents ended up buying a Honda ATV with a plow attachment, but from the sound of it, your tractor idea is probably the best way to go. Good luck!