WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Meanderings - It's been awhile!!

Wow, with the holidays and crazy winter weather it's been forever since we've had a normal week! Time to get back to our routine!

Bible Study

word study on self-control/self-discipline

Memory Verse
Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts toward God."

Husband Encouragement
* our anniversary is this week! so I'll plan a special meal of favorites

Train Them Up
* re-start kids' chore chart. we did it for a week and a half and now haven't done it at all for nearly a month!
* start reading Bible together at breakfast
* Bible verse: Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Absolutely MUST Do
* Plan MOPS activities and send out postcards.
* Mail package.
* Finish hospital pre-registration forms.

Zone(s)
Basement - especially the laundry area. I want to wipe down the dryer that's covered with lint.

Menu - Kevin's going on nights tonight so I'm trying to plan some things that are easy for him to take in

Monday - creamy chicken and wild rice soup
Tuesday - sweet and sour meatballs, green beans, applesauce
Wednesday - goulash, pears
Thursday - chicken caesar wraps, apple
Friday - 5-yr anniversary! pork tenderloin, rolls, cooked carrots, fruit salad
Saturday - ??
Sunday - leftovers

Dessert of the week: cheesecake

FUN THINGS!
* Baby appointment today.
* MOPS planning meeting tomorrow. Not looking forward to the planning but excited to see everyone again!
* Our 5-yr anniversary on Friday. I think I want to get our wedding video to share with the kids.
* Kevin's work Christmas party is on Saturday, so we're hoping to go, but we'll see.


Join me with your meanderings! Have a great week, dear friends!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I didn't know anyone else liked goulash! It is one of my favorite winter dishes. The only differences between mine and your recipe is that I use tomato juice instead of condensed tomato soup, and I usually spice mine up with a bit of chili powder and garlic powder...and sometimes oregano. I've never tried mine with marjoram but I will next time. Thanks for sharing!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Thanks for coming by! I actually don't really know what marjoram is and was just going substitute it out. I can't remember how I made it last time, but I know I've used that recipe before! Good ol' basic dinner that and the kids love it!

cryssi said...

I didnt do Monday meanderings this week...but sounds like you have a busy week! Happy Anniversary to you and Kevin! I pray you have a wonderful day!

Blessings
Crystal