WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

5-yr anniversary

...was yesterday and we had a really great day! We were snowed in and didn't do much. Our day started early at 5am when we tripped our circuit breaker because of the space heater we were running extra hard that night. Eli woke up when everything shut off and he ended up in bed with us until I gave him the boot at 6am because he was still awake and just hogging my space. =) He went back to his bed but I don't think he ever did go back to sleep. Kevin had the day off, so we just hung around the house in our jammies all day. We had blueberry bagels, bacon, and scrambled eggs for brunch. We had a productive morning and got new shades put up in the kids' rooms, got the guest room tidied up again, and laundry folded and put away. In the afternoon while the kids were napping Kevin and I played a game (Ticket to Ride); it was a super close game but I won. We had a yummy candlelight dinner of lemon garlic pork tenderloin, seasoned green beans (I put garlic pepper on them this time along with the butter and it was GOOD!), cinnamon applesauce, fruit salad, and rolls. After dinner we watched the video of our wedding ceremony (I'm not sure we've ever watched it before and I thought it would be fun to share with the kids, though they kept asking where they were in the video.) While we watched the video we had cheesecake topped with homemade whipped cream for dessert. After kids were in bed Kevin and I watched an episode of Smallville and we too were off to sweet dreams. It was just a nice day and a great way to celebrate 5 years of marriage to my wonderful hubby!

1 comment:

BellaMama said...

Congratulations!
Isn't it amazing how fast time flies!!
Enjoy the rest of your anniversary month!!