WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, March 12, 2010

I cleaned my room!

Well, my zone for this week was our bedroom. With the phasing out of maternity clothes and sharing a room with a sleeping baby, it quickly became a DISASTER. See for yourself! Carter sleeps in our bed with us, so the cradle became a pile zone when we picked everything off the floor to vacuum. Because Carter AND Kevin are usually asleep already when I come in from my late-night shower, I usually just end up setting my clothes on top of my dresser as I come into the quiet, dark room. Getting laundry actually put away is my LEAST favorite chore. And everything else, well, it just happened. So in order to help motivate myself to finally tackle this room and do it to full completion, I wanted to post some before and after pics (I almost just left the closet, but for the sake of the picture I finished) and to help anyone else who might also need a little kick in the hiney =) So here it is! I did it, and so can you!

BEFORE



AFTER


And even after these pictures I brought the cradle downstairs to the office in hopes of transitioning Carter to actually laying down for a nap instead of always sleeping in the bouncy seat during the day. I tried it this afternoon (now still actually) and although he didn't go down as smoothly, even with his ocean sound playing as usual, he did fall asleep on his own. Yippee! I don't think he's sleeping as soundly, he's fussed around a few times and gone back to sleep. But it's only the first day, and I'll call this a success!

It feels sooo good to actually accomplish a big tackle such as our bedroom! The rest of our house is mostly fine and just everyday clutter that gets picked up at the end of the day (most of the time). And I'm happy to say I got caught up on laundry this week too AND it's put away!!

8 comments:

S Club Mama said...

putting laundry away is the worst for me. What a great bed spread and I love that little cradle. :)

jaesi said...

Nothing like a clean bedroom and made bed---(I can see my unmade bed from here-no good)

I love your bedspread.

You know where what part of my house is NEVER organized no matter how hard I try?--Mayas closet- the girl tears it up in there.

In Light of the Truth... said...

I'm trying to fold laundry in the living room and then stack into a laundry basket to put away right away instead of folding on the guest bed and then leaving it there. So far I think it's helping, because I HAVE to get it out of the laundry basket in order to do more laundry!

I love our new bedspread too! I just got it a few months ago. (Gordman's) It's a pretty color but not very soft so for coziness I just pull up the super-cozy brown one at night. I can't wait to paint our bedroom the light brown color that's on the bedspread! It'll warm up the whole room! Then for curtains... arg, can't find any that match quite right!

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

So the folding in the living room seems to be helping! Works great for me. Plus then I leave the loaded basket at the base of the steps so I can't avoid it and HAVE to bring it up next time I need to go upstairs. I've even mastered carrying PJ In the basket with the basket full! :) He loves the ride.


And I like the new comforter too. Looks almost like the one we just bought! :) Great minds think alike.

bp said...

You did a wonderful job, Sarah! It must feel good to have it looking so great! Good job!

Simple Life said...

Looks Great!!

You should have had a challenge!!! .. I would have joined because my room is a MESS!

Mary said...

Oooo that looks so nice! I love watching the show Clean House on Style. When our house starts to get cluttered, Vienna and I comment that it's starting to look like the show and it's time to fix it! And we do. I think your pics are motivating too! I gotta get the baby's room done!

Servant Becca said...

Now I see the meat dish... I wondered where you got that beautiful off-white decoration... =)