WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
Fruit of the Spirit with Beth Moore, gentleness this week

Memory Verse
1 Peter 3:1-4 "Wives, in the same way, be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

Husband Encouragement
a gentle and quiet spirit

Train Them Up
* remaining gentle (noticing a theme yet??) with them this week no matter how angry and frustrated I may be feeling
* Bible verse: Philippians 2:3 "Consider others better than yourselves."

Personal Goals
* Write in prayer journal again this week. Several days last week I jotted down some verses or prayer lists, and that was very good for my soul.
* Go for a walk.

MUST Do
* Carter's 2-month pictures
* thank you notes

Zone - kitchen counter. starting to get cluttered down by he cookbooks again!

Menu - I'll get this finished before Tuesday but want to go ahead and post so others can link up.

Monday - Omaha
Tuesday - mom's bringing something for us
Wednesday - chicken alfredo (didn't get to this last week)
Thursday - pulled pork (from freezer)
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday - birthday celebration in Omaha with family!

FUN THINGS!
* helping my brother and sister-in-law move Monday!
* Mom's coming to visit on Tuesday and she's going to watch the older two kids while I take Carter to his 2-month check and then again all the kids that night so I can go to Bible study
* Wednesday, while Mom is still here to watch my older two, I'm taking off to Lincoln with Carter to get Eli and Hannah stocked up on spring/summer shirts and dresses.
* next Sunday's birthday celebration with family!

3 Things I'm thankful for today:
1. I'm so thankful my husband doesn't give up on me, even when things get really ugly! (because oh boy, have I been ugly lately!!!)
2. I'm thankful my friend Erin and her little daughter (just younger than Hannah) came to visit yesterday afternoon!
3. I'm thankful that it's starting to dry up around here!

Join me with your plans! Blessings on your week!


1 comment:

Jules said...

It is really hard at first with 3 little ones but not to long from now, you'll be looking back and missing those days. You really will. :)

I'll be praying for you this week and I really need you to pray for me, as well. I am really struggling lately with "having a gentle spirit".

Love you!