WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Okay well, we all know how well I did last week after not laying out a plan for the week! It's time to GET ORGANIZED! And I'm happy to say we're off to a great start today. One load of laundry left to go in, the dining room is freshly vaucumed and wiped down, "things" are starting to get picked up, and an errands list is prepared for tomorrow in town. Kevin's off 'til Friday so with his help we can definitely get life back in order! The temps have been above freezing this week so I actually sent Eli (and Hannah too but she didn't last as long) outside to play on their own. I've never done that before but it was great! Our big drift of snow is right out our back door, so the kids didn't go far, and of course I peeked out at them every couple minutes. Eli was happy as could be and just played for about an hour both yesterday and today! If we can do this in spring some, that'll be great! Okay, so on with the week...

Bible Study
this week we're on gentleness with our Beth Moore fruit of the spirit Bible study.

Memory Verse
"For he himself is our peace." Ephesians 2:14

Husband Encouragement
How about preparing some real meals this week! Particularly one I know he really likes but we haven't had in quite a long time!

Train Them Up
* the power of praise - a pocket full of pennies (thanks, Crystal!)
* more quality time with Eli - I took him on his own day out with me (and Carter) last week and it was so fun seeing him just be him. No fighting with little sister. He was so pleasant! And then following that day I've been sitting down playing cards with him (it's been sooo long since I've done this) and reading lots of books and doing puzzles and he was just gleaming! So I realize I really need to do more of this! And that, my friends, is another reason my house has been so neglected! How to find the balance!
* Carter still naps downstairs all day, either in the bouncy seat or on the couch. But I should start putting him upstairs in his bed for at least one nap a day, to start getting him used to that.
* Memory verse: "Do everything without complaining or arguing." Philippians 2:14

Personal Goals
* drink lots of water! maybe this will help me not feel so hungry all the time
* do some exercise every day. I'm trying to get into the 30-Day Shred but I do not have time to do it every day. I can, however, do a couple of the exercises from it on my own. Even if I only do 5 crunches, at least it's something!

MUST DO
* schedule Dr. appointments for Hannah's 2 year and Carter's 2 month shots
* get mail out
* plan a menu!
* write thank you notes
* plan MOPS activities
* mail out MOPS postcards

Zone(s)
Guest room (get laundry put away!). I'm trying a new system to avoid this now. Clothes NEVER fully get put away when I fold them in there. So now I'm going to try folding one load at a time on the living room couch. Fold, gently stack them into laundry basket, carry it upstairs, and... get this... put it ALL AWAY!

Master bedroom. I've been tossing out maternity clothes from the closet into a pile on the floor. Plus I come in after my shower at night and baby's already asleep in our room and it's dark, so I usually just lay clothes on top of my dresser. In general, we just have a lot of things that need put away.

Menu

Monday - potato soup
Tuesday - tacos on our leftover Fritos, pinepple
Wednesday - chicken kiev, curried rice, cooked carrots, rolls
Thursday = Kids Nite - blast off burritos (I have this kids cookbook my mom passed on to me but have never used it. So I want to start trying more of those recipes.)
Friday - meatballs, veggies
Saturday - spinach pizza
Sunday - TBD

Dessert of the week: grasshopper pie

Fun Things
* gearing up for our next MOPS meeting
* hopefully getting to catch up with one of my best friends this week!

3 Things I'm thankful for today:
1. This sweet little baby sleeping next to me on the couch right now. Man, he's cute! =)
2. Warmer weather. Spring is ALMOST here!
3. Kevin's days off. Love them.

Whew! Seemed to take forever today! There's a lot on my plate for this week, house-wise! Have a great week, friends! And of course join me if you'd like...



2 comments:

S Club Mama said...

that's a lot on your list. don't worry so much about being so hungry; you're nursing (I hear that's normal). :) A deal I've worked out with my husband is that I fold and he puts stuff away. Do you think Kevin would be up for that? Or get your kids to help.

cryssi said...

Thanks for posting this Sarah...I wasnt sure if you would or not...wouldnt blame you if you didnt, you certainly have a full plate right now... Doing this (I dont always post it) but it does keep my week better organized...

Blessings
Crystal