WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kids Memory Verse Song

For all the memory verses I do with the kids I try to come up with a short song to help us remember. I guess that's me finally using something of my music ministry degree? We sing them in the car, throughout the day, and at bedtime. It's a lot more fun than just reciting verses. I posted a few HERE quite awhile ago and now we have a lot more to share, so be watching for them in the coming weeks.

We try to do the songs as closely to the verse as it is, but more importantly I'm trying to teach the message of the verse.

This is one of our shortest ones:

Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as Christ God forgave you."

(Tune: Mulberry Bush)
Ephesians four verse thirty two
Be kind to one another
Share God's love with everyone
Be kind to one another.




4 comments:

bp said...

:) Thanks for sharing! Great job Eli. This fits perfectly with my new theme for my verses in April. Do you mind if I link to this video?

Also, have you heard of this group? http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/
I saw it earlier this month at Bring the Rain. I loved listening to their music. They are all scriptures. THought of it when I saw your post today.

Bethany

S Club Mama said...

Have you ever heard of the What's in the Bible series? It's from the makers of Veggie Tales. I think you and your kids would enjoy it.
http://www.whatsinthebible.com

The Fischer Family said...

So cute! Eli did a great job! I need to use these with my kiddos! Thanks for sharing them with us!

S Club Mama said...

That is too cute. I try to teach Tristan some of my old VBS songs.