WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
Fruit of the Spirit with Beth Moore

Memory Verse
Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Husband Encouragement
I was bitter and unthankful last week and said a lot of hurtful things. This week I'm really going to bite my tongue.

Train Them Up
* I'd noticed the kids were starting to ask for TV every day, and I don't like when it gets like that so I successfully avoided TV for most of all last week. And I really liked that! There were times when I'd feel tempted and instead chose that opportunity to read books instead. It was great, and I want to try that again this week!
* After disciplines I want to start doing little prayers with the kids. If the child was having trouble sharing something (imagine that!), after their time out or whatever lead them in a simple prayer like "Dear God, help me to be kind and think of others first. Help me to share my toys and not get angry. Amen." or "Dear God, help me to be patient. Amen."

Personal Goals
* Work out 3x this week. I did NOTHING last week! A lot of my thoughts were geared toward this week's MOPS meeting and getting things planned for that.
* Write in my prayer journal. I'm struggling with some things right now, and it's been quite awhile since I've really sat down and prayed.

MUST Do
* bills
* schedule Dr. appointments (ah! I meant to do this last week!)
* Finish MOPS prep - purchase snack, make animal cards, finalize and print lesson plan, print song sheet, wrap surprise box, cut out white circles for craft
* prepare MOPS newsletter info

Zone - master bedroom. Maybe I can get some before and after pics on this one, just to hold me accountable to getting it done!

Menu - make sure to buy things for lunches b/c a lot of times we don't have leftovers or anything and end up getting drive-through somewhere

Monday - sloppy joes, oven roasted potatoes, orange
Tuesday - taco pizza, pineapple
Wednesday - Caesar chicken wraps, apple, carrots
Thursday - chicken alfredo, broccoli, peaches
Friday - hamburgers, veggie chips, orange
Saturday - stuffed pasta shells
Sunday - TBD, not sure what the schedule is for that day yet

FUN THINGS!
* MOPS on Tuesday
* A friend visiting next Sunday afternoon!!

3 Things I'm thankful for today:
1. Spring is coming!! Flocks and flocks of birds flew in yesterday afternoon!
2. Our amazing church family who helped me corral my crazy kids yesterday after church when my hands were FULL juggling the three kids (one was crying and two were running around!) and Kevin wasn't with me!
3. Binkies. Carter is perhaps the worst binky sucker ever but he does well enough with it for it to help, especially when we're out and about and he's tired.

Join me with your plans! Blessings on your week!


No comments: