WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Okay, I don't really feel like doing this today, but here we go anyway! It's going to be an exciting week! Because it's my birthday week! =) And go wish my friend "S Club Mama" a happy birthday tomorrow too, because we're birthday buddies! =)

Bible Study
It's our last week with the Beth Moore Fruit of the Spirit study. This week is on self-control.

Memory Verse
Romans 13:14 "Clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Husband Encouragement
With him working during the day and also working on the dining room when he's home, I'm going to try to work according to his schedule and needs and have a good attitude about taking care of the kids and house stuff extra.

Train Them Up
* have compassion. I admit that when they're rowdy and get hurt, I don't have much compassion on them and instead just get annoyed. When they're upset about some stupid little toddler thing I don't understand {AGAIN} I get annoyed. It's reeeally tiresome listening to crying all day long. BUT Instead I want to respond with love, gentleness, and compassion instead of always saying, "STOP FUSSING!"
* do little crafts with them. Nothing big. Nothing that takes much planning or supplies at all. Today we're monitoring the outside temperature every hour and making a chart to show how it changes throughout the day. Another day I want to have them do a do-a-dot rainbow. Other days I can have them sit at the table cutting and gluing stuff while I do dishes or something.

Personal Goals
* keep a food log
* clean house. I can see us starting to get lazy with it again!

Must Do
* get mail out! It's been sitting on our keys table for days now!
* organize kitchen
* put clothes away. I'm almost done getting the kids' clothes switched over for the season.

Zone
* the kitchen!!!! After the start of this big house project, all our dining room stuff got moved to the kitchen and now everything's everywhere, and I reeeaaally want to reclaim my kitchen this week!!

Menu - I'm so excited I really just have to plan ONE DAY this week!! Kevin's sister and her husband were going to come home for Easter weekend, but since Kevin works all that weekend we asked if they could come home the weekend before. So they are, and we'll head back to our parents' house for the weekend. Kevin's sister still hasn't met Carter yet, and we haven't seen them since Christmas, so we're really excited to see them!

Monday - mommy night out with friends from church
Tuesday - my birthday! going on a date with hubby! Thanks, Jaesi for asking to watch our kids so we could go out! Lunchtime is our MOPS potluck and playdate. I'm bringing lil' smokies. Also bringing jello cake for my birthday, a favorite that I think all the kids will really like.
Wednesday - meatballs, mashed potatoes, fruit (we already have all those things!)
Thursday - our last Bible study so we're eating snacks there. I'm bringing this fruit salsa and cinnamon tortillas. A friend of mine brought this to a game night at church awhile back and it was sooo good! I still haven't gotten the recipe from her but this one looks like it could be similar, so I'm gonna try it!
Friday - home
Saturday - home
Sunday - home

FUN THINGS!
* Mommy night out tonight!
* My birthday on Tuesday!
* Potluck and playdate for lunch on Tuesday
* Bible study on Thursday
* home for the weekend on Friday

Things I'm thankful for today:
1. Seeing family yesterday to celebrate my birthday
2. I get to go grocery shopping without the older two today!!
3. We started our dining room project! (see here)
4. The sun in shining!
5. I get to go out to dinner with friends tonight!

Join me with your plans! Blessings on your week!


3 comments:

Becky Goerend said...

That fruit salsa sounds amazing! I'm definitely going to make it soon! Thanks for sharing!

In Light of the Truth... said...

It really really is, Becky! And a nice, fresh type of snack to bring to something or have just for fun, especially on a spring/summer day!

Simple Life said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a blessed day!