WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
We've finished our Fruit of the Spirit Bible study with Beth Moore. This week I want to go back through the book and review a little bit.

Memory Verse
2 Corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Husband Encouragement
Help with the dining room as much as I can. Make sure to offer him water breaks while he works. And work hard to keep the rest of the house tidy so it's refreshing when he comes back in from the "work zone".

Train Them Up
* focus on their fussing! I can't stand it anymore!
* no angry (me)
* memory verse: Philippians 2:3 "In humility, consider others better than yourselves."
* school - new commandment, Bible story

Personal Goals
* start getting up before kids so we can get up and going, especially with it going to be such AMAZING weather this week! >>DONE
* write thank you note >>DONE
* take kids to park
* go for a walk >>DONE
* order AdvoCare >>DONE

Absolutely MUST Do
* pay bills
* set up Dr. appointment for Eli for new eczema lotion >>DONE
* clean house

Zone - living room hutch

Menu - will get this posted later today.

Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

FUN THINGS!
* working on house projects on Kevin's days off - new refrigerator, maybe a new grill?
* nice weather coming this week! (high 70s!!!)
* Dinner out with ladies from the church on Thursday (if I can figure out childcare for my three)

Things I'm thankful for today:
1. A weekend home visiting grandparents
2. Sunshine!!
3. My hubby getting up before me today and cleaning up the the living room and vacuuming! GREAT way to start the day!

Join me with your plans!! Blessings on your week!


3 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

It looks like you have a great and busy week planned! One of my personal goals matches yours, to get up before the kids so we can get moving quicker. I managed to do it today and I'm AMAZED at what I've gotten done and it's only 10:25! Have a great week and a blessed Easter!

cryssi said...

Sounds like a great week! I have also got to work on the No angry (me) I have been so bad at this... Thanks for doing this Sarah!!!!

Blessings
Crystal

Angie said...

Sarah,

Small thought for you here...I wonder if it might help you to consider using a word the Bible uses instead of "fussing." If you're trying to shepherd their little hearts, I wonder if you might find it more beneficial in the long run to call their sin what the Bible calls it. I know that your goal isn't to just stop the annoying behavior of fussing (even though somedays it probably seems like that's what you want more than anything!!!) but to help steer them away from sin and towards Christ. We use Philippians 2:14 (ESV) and call it "grumbling and questioning" but NIV says "arguing and complaining." Depending on the situation we might mention that a "thankful heart is a happy heart". Just some ideas. There are probably other verses that will be just as helpful to use to address what is at the heart of the issue when the kids are "fussing" instead of just trying to stop the fuss!

Love ya, friend! Hope you have a great week :)

Angie