WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Belt shopping

Alright ladies, I found this cute dress for $6 at the thrift store a couple weeks ago.

I'm trying to be more of a dress-wearer and I can't wait to wear it, BUT I'm looking for a red belt to go with it!  Like these:

Fashion is soo not my forte, so tell me what you think! Different color? No belt? Hate the dress altogether?? And while we're at it, what kind of shoe would you wear with this dress?  A regular high-heel, flats, or knee-tall boots?

Emily, this is your thing, so help me out here!!!


Other Inspiration: (will post links here as I continue to browse around)
Dress with cardigan and boots.

7 comments:

Kassandra said...

Fashion isn't my forte either, but I think the dress is really cute! I'd probably go with the first belt b/c it looks simpler and I like simpler, but i think either would look nice! Good luck!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Cute dress, girlfriend! I like it! You can wear it a million ways. I think it would be cute in the fall with tights, a brown belt, and boots. Maybe a long cardigan, too?

I love your red belt idea, Sarah! Go with that! TJ Maxx has good deals on belts sometimes. Target does, too.

For shoes, you could wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. Cute flats would be darling. In the fall, boots would be super cute. Heels are always classy.

I also think the dress would be cute with a skinny brown belt.

I'm excited to see what you decide! :) :) :) :) :) Work it! Be your beautiful self! Experiment!

S Club Mama said...

I love love love the red belt! It will make the dress POP. I would wear it with either flats or tall boots. I need some tall boots - or cowboy boots. Seriously, you are a fashionista and you just don't know it, my friend.

Becky Goerend said...

I love the red belt, too. With shorter dresses, I'm more of a flats girl. I found some super basic purple flats on amazon for $15 (including shipping) and plan to wear them often because our school colors are purple and gold.

~Amanda said...

Love it all! First belt is my fave. Isn't there a rule about shoe and belt color matching? If so, pick your fave flats or boots and buy the belt to match since you'll only have to buy one thing. Then later, when you want to change it up, you can buy new belt/shoes and have a cute new outfit.

The Fischer Family said...

Adorable dress. Love the first belt...red is such a fun color. I bet leggings and flats would be super cute for an early fall day shopping or to the park or something. I'd love to see it with knee high boots. Don't you just love thrift stores?!?!

Beth said...

It's not my forte either, but I love the dress....AND the price! And my sister uses belts like that with her outfits and it always looks fantastic.