WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Design Dreaming: Playroom

Alright, ever since our bathroom remodel and walling up what used to be the old playroom closet I've been wanting to get the playroom painted.  There's still a patch where we added the new portion of the wall, and it really does actually NEED paint on it.  I've been brainstorming and browsing design ideas.  Wanting to keep the layout mostly the same since it works well for us, I'm mostly needing to add in color, in hopes of adding fun flare to the room and bring it to life!  

We currently have red, lime green, and navy blue storage bins on our white shelves.  So here are some of my inspiration pictures that would coordinate well...

I don't know if this is actually the SAME room and thus the same wall color but at a different angle aka different lighting, but I like the slightly lighter color green better.
We already have a wall of frames for kids art (might paint them white??), and I really do want to find a really large world map for our other full wall, so I want to keep the walls solid color.  Thinking of letting the kids add hand prints to their art wall.

Now for curtains.  We have one BIG window and one small window.  Here are some of the ideas I've been looking at...


If the curtains are mostly open, the print would be smashed and the stripes would look better than the polka dot. Or you could go with just a valance and mini blinds.
OR I could get one of the large striped curtain and SEW it into 2 valances.  Although eventually I'd like BOTH--striped curtains AND a solid color valance. Oh dear, now I'm thinking of all kinds of options...

3 comments:

alisha said...

That last valance that you have listed -- I have!! it goes with the crib set that I used for both boys! It is really cute - the red is actually a suede material and the brown is a piece of ribbon. I'd let you have ours, but I am going to be using them again here in a few short months!

As for the large world map - I was at Ikea a few weeks back and they had huge world map posters -- I don't know how much you can actually order from that store online and I didn't pay attention to see what they cost. The only stores I know of are Minneapolis and Chicago so that may not work out...

Love the idea! Want to decorate my house now?? :) Definitely not one of my strengths!

The Fischer Family said...

I love the green in the top picture. We recently moved the kids rooms around (I'll post pics eventually! lol) and Brianna's room is a green very similar. We love it. I think ours was from Valspar and is called Lily Pond. I also love all of the organizers. We got one from Ikea in February with tax refund money and we love it! I would suggest the cloth boxes or actual baskets instead of the cardboard ones. Ours are already falling apart. Good luck, I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

Randi S said...

I love the polka dots! :)