WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Meanderings - Aug 22


Bible Study... Look through new Bible study book.

Memory Verse...  Colossians 3:15
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ Send him pics of our day via text. Sometimes I'm pretty exhausted by the time he gets home from work, and he only sees the snappy mommy.  So I've been trying to send him fun pics of the kids during the day. When we're playing at the park or painting or whatever. Shows that things are going well at home.
♥ Dessert.

Train Them Up...
* School routine has been going very well.  When Eli gets home from school he's REALLY been wanting to play board games or Uno.  If the little ones are sleeping, we can play. But often times they're just getting up when Eli gets home and games are one of those "when Carter's sleeping" activities. It might be nice if I sometimes plan something specific to do with Eli when he gets home. Lets him know I was looking forward to that time with him.
* Thinking about letting them have "do-overs" instead of always doing a spanking or time-out?? Would help us PRACTICE that good behavior we're going for.

Personal Goals...
* Run 1x this week, outside if possible.
* Print August workout calendar (even though yes, I know the month is almost over already)
* Start reading "my" new book, Heaven Is For Real.
* Order belt to go with my new dress.
* Possibly order one or two new bras now that my size has stabled out and currently only one bra fits!

New Habit of the Month...  {AUGUST} New school routine.

MUST Do...
* Mail remainder of Moppet letters out. (just one or two more I think)
* Write letter to Grandma.
* Send thank you note.
* Order photo books before coupon expires Wednesday.
* Call campground!!

Zone(s)... outgrown clothes

Menu - might shuffle the days around this week, but here are the meals

M - spinach pizza, grapes
T - lemon pepper chicken, salad
W - Chow Mein
Th - pork tenderloin, rice, veggies
F - Iowa
S - Iowa
Su - REST
Dessert of the week: red velvet cake roll (need to remember to make this earlier in the week since we'll be gone the weekend)

FUN THINGS! 
* Hannah's first day of preschool Tuesday!!  So excited for her!  Going to go walking with a friend during this time so I can stay in town.
* Uppercase Living party at a friend's house Tuesday evening.  Not sure I'll be able to order anything but I'm just excited to go fellowship!  
* Headed to Iowa this weekend for our annual gathering with my really good college friends! I decided last year that just a picnic was NOT enough time with everyone, so this year we're going to try camping, kids too!  SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. Eli's doing so well with the school routine. Sounds like he's making friends!
2. Time with family over the weekend! Once again, I just LOVE living close to family!
3. Photo book sale on Shutterfly! 





1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Amanda's and I've been lurking on your blog for awhile. I just wanted to say that I like your idea of "do-overs." I have a 5 year old too and think this might work for him when he has a bad attitude. Also, "Heaven Is For Real" is great and a quick read. I know you'll enjoy it.

Stefanie