WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Psalm


 Psalm 62

Truly my soul finds rest in God; 
my salvation comes from him. 
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; 
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 

"My soul finds rest in God alone" This is a favorite song of mine that I've been singing in my head the past day when I had so many things running through my head I just couldn't rest even though I was so very tired.  For me, it was because the boys got attacked by a SWARM of bees they ran into in the yard. It involved dozens of stings, a trip to the ER, lots of vomitting, fever, and a very unhappy baby.  I couldn't rest knowing they were still sick. I couldn't rest knowing that people DIE from bee stings. I couldn't rest wondering if there was something more I could be doing.  We all have situations when we're troubled by life and it's sooo hard to REST.  But I could find rest knowing there is a God much MUCH bigger than this.

3 comments:

Servant Becca said...

Beautiful trust in the Lord! Your faith helped sustain you in the midst of that awful situation with the bees stings and kids.... For that I am very thankful for He is your rock....

Be Strong in the Lord said...

Inspiring testimony. Thanks for sharing.

Be Strong in the Lord said...

Inspiring testimony. Thanks for sharing.