WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Meanderings - Aug 29

How can it be Monday AGAIN already?? It was a busy week, a fun weekend, and it all just flew by!!  There's no time to have some lazy days and recoop, nope, it's the school year, time to just GO AGAIN! Still getting used to all of that!



Bible Study... No Other Gods, Finish at least three of this week's study lessons.

Memory Verse...  Colossians 3:15
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ He's off this week but has several things he wants to get done. So I will give him the freedom to do that instead of demanding for his time and attention.
Train Them Up...
* Have snack and a game already set up for Eli when he gets home from school.
* Some lessons on self-control maybe?

Personal Goals...
* Run 3x this week, outside if possible. I'm actually getting back into this!
* Order belt to go with my new dress.
* Possibly order one or two new bras now that my size has stabled out and currently only one bra fits!
New Habit of the Month...  {AUGUST} New school routine.

MUST Do...
* MOPS stuff -- print activity packets (so I can staple them this weekend at my parents house with their fancy stapler), print placemats, call bowling alley, mail letters
* Write letter to Grandma.
* Practice French horn, playing a special music this Sunday at my parent's church.
* Set up an account online so I can keep track of Eli's lunch money balance.
* Unpack car.
* Return book to Jess since I'm done reading it!

Zone(s)... outgrown clothes
Menu - TBD

M -
T -
W -
Th -
F - Iowa
S - Iowa
Su - Iowa
FUN THINGS!
* Well, I can't find my pocket calendar at the moment so I hope I'm not forgetting something I might have going on, but I'm pretty sure the only thing this week is going home next weekend to take photos for a friend!

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1.  A really really great weekend visiting my college friends!  I try to get everyone together about this time every year, and this year we decided to go camping! It was soo much fun!
2. Gorgeous weather.  It's amaaaazing!  Which is nice because it's probably going to rain the next 3 days!
3. Safe travels. Not something to take for granted. The roads are a scary place!


2 comments:

Randon and Emily said...

No Other Gods by Kelly Minter?! LOVE HER STUDIES, especially Ruth!!!! Enjoy!


It was great to see you :) Love!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Yup, Kelly Minter! I haven't heard of her before so I'm excited to find out what it's like!