WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Meanderings -- Jun 11



Bible Study... I feel like I'm going through a lot of different things right now. It's a little overwhelming but there's much I want to read. Still doing Psalms. Also going back to my Bible reading plan and currently in Numbers.  And I also got a study about Experiencing the Holy Spirit.

Memory Verse... Hebrews 12:14
"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."

Husband Encouragement...
♥ I've been talking with a friend of mine lately about the 5 love languages. I've spent years just having no clue really what Kevin is, but it's suddenly becoming clear to me that he responds to acts of service -- having the house tidy, nice meals, treats, etc. So I'm going to make more effort to tackle those piles, those boxes, make some desserts, fix some fabulous breakfasts these next days he's off. I got started this weekend and I'm on a roll...

Train Them Up...
* We've been following a dinner clean-up routine and it's going well. Hannah helps me load the dishwasher and Eli helps clear off the table and put things in the fridge (condiments or leftovers) or cupboards (hot pads).  They have also been working hard after coins lately. It's exciting to see Hannah getting into it too now!
* Over the weekend I finally moved Carter out of the pack n play and to the boys' bunk bed with Eli. He's doing pretty well but it still take a little training.
* This week I want the kids to make mail for some various friends and family (local, Grandma and Grandpa, and faraway friends) because soon we are going to get a little personal tour of the post office and they will get to see where those different letters go! I'm pretty geekily excited! =)
* Speaking of mail, I recently came across this on Pinterest, Ann Voskamp's 15 Happy Way to Teach Kids to be Grateful. Loved it. This weekend when I was letting the kids each pick a treasure at Target dollar bin, I spied some summer sticky notes. And when we got home we started making thankful notes and posting them up on our dining room window. I hope to continue this. I also got a small basket at Pamida's closing sale and I pulled out some cute thank-you notes from my card stash, and it will serve as a daily invitation to thank someone for something. Or even just a send a note of thoughtfulness.
* We have done less by way of learning time but tons of exciting things, like trips to the pond, playdates, biking, swimming, fishing, and lots of reading. Reading at the library for storytime, reading with friends, afternoon reading on the trampoline, and reading before bed or naps. There are some things we need to continue practicing though.
* While Kevin is off I want to try to take Eli for one-on-one time. He requested it and it has been awhile!

Personal Goals...
* Schedule a hair appointment.
New Habit of the Month...  {june}
* chores in the morning, THEN we can play!

MUST Do... 
* figure out music for Sunday?
* Father's Day plans?
* schedule car appointment

Zone(s)... organize and pack away the kids outgrown clothes. This is such a process! Hopefully this will get easier since they're not changing sizes so quickly anymore!
Menu - TBD -- I just know I need to do more grilling, cold salads, or crockpot, cuz I hate cooking in the summer!

M - sloppy joes, roasted zucchini
T -
W - lemon butter shrimp over angel hair pasta
Th - crockpot BBQ chicken, corn, rolls
F -
S - 
Su - Father's Day

FUN THINGS!
* the kids start swim lessons for the next 2 weeks! I'm not thrilled it's taking up our morning every day, but that alone will be fun for the kids!
* play date at the park Monday morning
* car wash day with friends Tuesday afternoon. library storytime Tuesday late afternoon, then possibly going to Madagascar movie Tuesday night. Not sure we can do ALL of that, even I admit that's a lot!
* Couple's Bible study Thursday night, we're hosting this time
* Father's Day festival Sunday evening

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. we got some RAIN!!! It's been over a month since we've had anything! I'm sure the farmers are happy!
2.  a fun weekend with the kiddos. excited for Kevin's days off!
3.  new discoveries, new routines, and tackling projects

1 comment:

Servant Becca said...

I love reading your daily (weekly) walk with God.