WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cleaning Chart

It's taken a few drafts to get to this point, but I think I've finally created a cleaning chart that works for us and I can follow {most of the time, never exactly}.

Ya see, I'm fine at doing laundry, dishes, vacuum/sweep, and general tidying. But remembering to scrub floors, bath mats before they're mildewy, and wiping fridge shelves, not so much. Thus the reason for the chart.

The first cleaning schedule I made was mostly random chores spread throughout the week. This time I arranged it by zones, and for each zone I have a specific checklist.

 
L = laundry. One load {most} every day, taking a day off in the middle of the week. I'm trying to get better about washing, drying, folding, AND putting away early in the day. Instead of unloading the dryer to put more in {so it doesn't get mildewy} right before bedtime. Then I'm going to bed with a basket of clothes already waiting for me to finish the next day. I'd rather go to bed feeling FINISHED for the day. Still working on this though...

I got a magnetic OrganizeHer folder (from Target) for the fridge, and I put my cleaning chart in the first page and use a dry-erase marker to cross stuff off my lists and wipe clean at the start of the next week. You could also use a plastic page-protector sheet. I'm a BIG fan of those (for reusable worksheets and whatnot)

Having this keeps you from feeling overwhelmed by your entire house. Just go day by day. Houses are all about keeping maintained. We all know they don't ever STAY clean, cuz we choose to LIVE instead! =)   If others, say your husband or friends if you've just had a baby, offer to help, you have a list right there and they know how to help.


Recently I also highlighted the chores that the kids help with. They actually are great helpers!!


So there she is! My 2012 Cleaning Chart!! Note, this is specific to our house and our layout and our family size, so feel free to tweak it as you go in order to fit your needs! This is at least a start and I hope it can help you too!





Other cleaning ideas, for kids:
* Clean-up sticks
* Coin system


1 comment:

Mary said...

Great idea! And I love the new blog title!