WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

When life is good and easy.

We are quick to forget our need and dependence on God. It's easy to forget that all this does not come from our own hands.  Moses warns the Israelites of exactly this as they prepare to cross the Jordan River into the Promised Land of Canaan, a land flowing with milk and honey....
"When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day. Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied, then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.... You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today." Deuteronomy 8:10-14,17-18

A year later and I have finally finished reading through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and half of Deuteronomy!!  Excellent books so far, demonstrating the incredible POWER of God!  I'm finally beginning to understand what it means to "fear the Lord".

1 comment:

Servant Becca said...

Beautiful post! What a great reminder message of staying dependent on God -- not forgetting him when the going is good.

One verse in Psalm 51 that I read last week spoke to my heart -- not 10-12 that you pointed out, but 16-17: "You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."