WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 7, 2007

Menu Plan Monday--May 7th


Hope you all had a nice weekend! Hubby did get the weekend off so we were able to enjoy some family time, something we haven't had much of during this period of night shift. Fortunately this is his last week and then we'll be back to our normal schedule! It's still a cool spring here but we're loving all the time to get out anyway! Isn't it amazing how much that changes life? It means being able to go for long walks during baby's awake time instead of trying to cram in work out video AND a shower during his naptime. And that means I have at least an hour to do anything else, be it chores, quiet time, or something fun like scrapbooking. It means doing outside stuff like playing on blanket, going for hikes, swinging in the park, going to softball games, or visiting neighbors since Eli's been restless inside lately and not too interested in toys. It means turning off the air and saving money. It means waking up in the morning and actually feeling awake. Spring is just amazing, and I love it!!

So with that, here's my menu for the week. Oh and if anyone has any ideas for table foods for a 10-month old with 2 teeth, let me know! Has to be semi-soft, only egg yolk, and not too spicy. Now this website says even though you can't give a baby less than one year a glass of milk to drink, it's okay to use cow's milk in cooking--is that right?? We're just starting to introduce dairy stuff and it's all new to me. This week I figured out he can have chili, modified French toast, and modified meat loaf. This child eats pretty much anything as long as he's able to chew it! But when it comes to meats, we've mostly just been doing jarred baby food. Any ideas??

Okay, NOW here's my menu for the week...

Monday: pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches, fries
Tuesday: Apricot Glazed Pork Roast (didn't get to this last week), cooked carrots
Wednesday: grilled chicken, mixed veggies, oranges
Thursday: Appetizer Nite--haven't decided yet
Friday: meatballs, mashed potatoes
Saturday: hamburgers, chips n salsa, apples
Sunday: Mother's Day! family will cook for me!

Go to Org Junkie for more great meal ideas. Have a great week, everyone!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Your menu looks great!
Blessings~
♥~annie
My Life as Annie!

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks great!

Have a great week,
Sandra

Menu Plan

The Open Range Camping Family said...

The meatballs sound good. I haven't had them in a while. Not sure about the milk thing, but my pediatrician told me I could give my dd milk at 10 months to help her gain weight. I gave her the milk in place of any juice but she still nursed for the majority of her milk.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE pork roast!! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

I'll share your question at my other blogs.
I gave our son Mac n Cheese. He's now 15 years old so I guess it was okay.

Amy said...

I moved my DD up to regular table foods that we were eating- just mashed with a fork, thinned with a little liquid when needed. If it was anything spicy, I'd just take her portion out before I added seasonings. I had made her baby food, so I just started making things thicker and thicker.

There's a great book out, called "Feed Me, I'm Yours" by Vicky Lansky. I loved it, and now we often give it as baby gifts... you might enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

At my baby group that I go to, it has been said that whole milk should be given only after the baby is a year old...nothing but breastmilk or formula before that... but they said it's okay to give either of those to baby in a cup. I guess it's hard on the little one's kidneys and liver (I think those are the right organs) to give milk before that. But if you think he's ready then maybe, and probably, he is--every baby is different!

Unknown said...

I'll have to try that apricot glazed pork some time.
Sounds delicious!

Have a wonderful mother's day! Hope your family spoils you! :)

Sarah said...

Yummy, your menu looks delicious! :) Especially the pork roast. I might have to put that on my tentative meal plan for next week!

I love hearing about a kiddo who will eat just about anything - as a speech therapist who does feeding therapy with kids, I see so many who are extremely selective about what they will eat for a variety of reason. My favorite thing about feeding with kids is that it can be so fun and easy to turn into a game while they experiment with all sorts of textures and tastes.
I don't know why it wouldn't be okay to use dairy in cooking - in fact, eating dairy in the form yogurt or cheese (especially in moderation) shouldn't do any damage and it's yummy and packed with good calories!