WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30

I just got back from a week trip in Iowa, so I have much to be thankful for this week!

I am thankful for safe travels flying alone with Eli. For having nice seat mates, many of them being kind grandparents. For people being so helpful in getting my bags or stroller set up for me. That even though one suitcase got "lost" it was mine (as usual) and not Eli's. That Eli would still rest on my shoulder during times that he wasn't able to sleep (like when the man next to us had to get past us to go to the bathroom, waking Eli from only 20 minutes of napping that we'd waited all day long for him to get) and that when I started to cry I was able to maintain composure and stay calm. That our flights were all on time so we didn't have to change flight plans. That my friends at my destination had a car seat so I didn't have haul ours along.

I am thankful for the week I got to stay with my friend Angie and babysit her 6-month old Caleb while she was at work during the day. For the welcoming change from our ordinary life. That even though it was pretty frustrating and overwhelming at times (a taste of life with twins!) we were able to get through and in the end still be smiling. That after several days of Eli getting into everything (pulling up to entertainment system and banging on glass door, crawling to kitchen, opening all drawers and pulling out all the tupperware bowls and lids, and crawling to fan, by the end of the week I had figured out how to use pillows and turned-over chairs to block things off so I wasn't always chasing my dear son. That even though Caleb started waking up at night screaming bloody murder, not only did it not wake Eli, but we figured out it was due to separation anxiety (since it's usually daddy home during day and not a strange babysitter) and would only last a few days instead of being a whole new phase. That the weather was be-u-tiful and Angie and I were able to take our babies on walks and to the park (the dream of our life to get to do together even though we're thousands of miles apart). For the day my mom came to visit and the good it was to see her and the help she was with the boys. For reunion with other close friends and the time to catch up and enjoy laughter. For good conversations and feeling strengthened and encouraged by the end of the week.

I am thankful for my friend Angie and her husband Ben and all that they've helped me to understand. For being such a sweet sister and brother in Christ and helping me to grow into the Christian woman I seek to become. For the resources to which they have led me.

I am thankful for my husband who allowed and encouraged me to take this trip. For giving me (and Eli) up for a week so I could help a dearest friend.

I am thankful for feeling such joy and peace, feeling strengthened and renewed, and loved. Life truly is beautiful.

Go to Sting My Heart to visit other Thankful Thursday participants.

13 comments:

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. I love to see people chip in and help w/ the strollers and things. That happens to us a lot, even when hubby is w/ us. especially at Disney, people are so helpful to get that giant double stroller of ours on the trams :) Have a blessed weekend.

Denise said...

Bless you, and your thankful heart.

Mary said...

It's good to have dear friends like that in our lives. Glad you had an encouraging week with your friend. thank you for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip , people to help you and great friends. Your list made me smile. Thank you so much for sharing this week.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama)

Alycia said...

I am so happy to have found your blog! I linked through from Thankful Thursdays...and am so happy I did! I am glad you had a wonderful trip ~ travleing with a baby is no small feat! And, I'm rejoicing with you that you were blessed with the kindness of strangers to help you along your way. Nice meeting you!! Blessings, from Japan!

Nise' said...

What a great reminder to us as strangers to show kindness to others! Glad you had a wonderful, safe trip!

Lyndy said...

Glad you had a safe trip. Sounds like you are blessed with some great friends.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you home safe and feeling refreshed and encouraged.

Good reminder for us to be kind to strangers.

Blessings,
Robin

Robin said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Blessings to you!

Deena Peterson said...

Oh, yes...traveling with babies can be a challenge...but you sound like you did just fine...

and you sound so sweet...thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Pray about joining Fruit of the Spirit Friday meme.

You can answer the seven prompts on the fruit of your choice or write anything you feel lead to on this topic, then add your name to Mr Linky to share with others.

http:/heartofwisdom/blog/fruit-of-the-spirit-friday-meme/

Changed by His Love said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! You made it come alive in your writing and thankfulness. Blessings to you and your family.

eph2810 said...

I am so glad to read that you had a wonderful time with your friends. It is so great to have friends who are there to encourage you in your walk, even though you are miles apart. Very cool that your husband made it possible for the two of you to go.

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this past week.

Be blessed today and always.