WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thankful Thursday

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:16

I am tired, I've been crabby, and it's been a difficult week with hubby's new schedule and a constantly-on-the-move baby who wakes too early in the morning and is tired throughout the day. Sooo... it's a perfect week to take time to reflect on all that I'm thankful for!

* I am thankful that after 2 1/2 hours of Eli crying two days ago, hubby was able to get him to finally fall asleep!
* I am thankful for Bible study fellowship this week.
* I am thankful for some nice weather and getting in good walking workouts.
* I am thankful for the short bits of time to connect with church people while handing out baby shower invitations last Sunday.
* I am thankful for these next two days and time to spend with local friends.
* I am thankful for hubby and the long nights (5pm-5am) he's been working and not complaining at all.
* I am thankful for strollers so I don't have to carry my 25-pound 9-month old everywhere I go!
* I am thankful for the start of church softball and its fun and fellowship.
* I am thankful that's it's May and I get to fly back home in just two weeks!
* I am thankful for my mom and getting to talk to her most every day. And how she encourages me and makes me feel like I really am a good mommy even when I'm super frustrated.

Go to Sting My Heart to visit other Thankful Thursday participants. Have a blessed day!

prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

PRAYER REQUEST: TODAY is the day that our dear bloggy friend Heather has brain surgery to remove her tumor. Here's a list of specific things to pray for. And if you want to join a prayer chain and spread the word on your own blog, click here. May the Mighty Doctor be at work today!



9 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for being thankful even though it has been a difficult week for you.

Anonymous said...

This list has been a blessing to me cos even though its been a tough week for you, you have so much to be grateful for. God Bless You

eph2810 said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had a frustrating week. When having a little one, it is hard to get adjusted to a new schedule. Those are some really long hours your hubby is working. I am glad to read that you have a chance to visit with family soon. Nice to have break from the day-to-day once in a while.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week despite your challenges.

Be blessed today and always.

Mary said...

Praying for God to bring a new strength to you and your family. Thank you for opening your heart.
Blessings on your day.

Deena Peterson said...

Even when life is difficult, if we focus on Him we can find things to be thankful for...just as you did...thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Keep your eyes on Jesus, girlfriend!!! Being a mom of little ones can be very frustrating and tiresome, but I can think of no more important task. It's great that you have a Mom that encourages you!! Have a blessed day!

Nise' said...

Precious Mom! I love it that you are sharing and being thankful right where you are in live! God Bless you!

Love Bears All Things said...

You've heard the saying: This too shall pass. I know it doesn't seem so now but their childhood goes by all too quickly. I enjoyed visiting you. It sounds like you are one busy lady. Blessings, Mama Bear

Monkey Giggles said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. Enjoy your weekend.