WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful Thursday

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7

I am thankful for our church's Memorial Day conference over the whole weekend. We learned a lot and we relished the fellowship time with our church family.

I am thankful my mom is flying in today and staying for almost a week! It's always good to have her here.

I am thankful for my weekly memory verses. It has helped center my thoughts on Christ throughout the day, and strengthen and encourage my spiritual walk. And since I have been sharing it on my blog, it has been encouraging fellow bloggers as well.

I am thankful for the upcoming Husband Encouragement Challenge that I'm hosting on my blog, starting TOMORROW! I think it will help set my heart right, challenging me to be more patient, wise with my tongue, supportive, and encouraging to my husband.

I am thankful for the military and everyone who has made "the ultimate sacrifice" by giving their life for our nation.

I am thankful for the beautiful weather we've had lately and the opportunities to get outside!

I am thankful for my husband being so patient and understanding, and doing little things that are loving to me.

What are YOU thankful for today?? Take a moment to think about it, to praise God for all he's given you, to be thankful in all circumstances. Click here to visit other Thankful Thursday participants.

14 comments:

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Great list. I love the nice weather too - we just need rain :)
I'll have to check in on the husband encouragement challenge.
Have a great week with your mom.

Terri @ in His hands said...

Have a wonderful week with your mom! I love when mine comes to visit. Great list of thankfuls--I am so thankful for our military!
The 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge looks interesting, I'll have to check it out!

Blessings~

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

That comment above is from me. I forgot my blogger username again. Ack!

Anonymous said...

Amen to thankful for military! and weather. It's beautiful here in Notthern VA.

Good list. Blessings.

Susanne said...

A wonderful list! I will definitely have to check out your 30 Days of Encouragement. Thanks for sharing!!

Mary said...

Great list here girl. I'm glad you're memorizing the Word. It's so important sharpen our swords! Have a wonderful time with your mom. And the weather is gorgeous here also. Blessings on your weekend.

marlise said...

That's a great list. Thanks for sharing your thankfulness.

Denise said...

Thanks for having such a grateful heart, bless you.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

For a young wife and mom, I'm pleased to hear how you're seeking to become a godly wife. Way to go! Enjoyable list!

Carmen

Lyndy said...

You have a lovely blog and lots to be thankful for you are indeed blessed. Thanks for sharing.

Lyndy

Love Bears All Things said...

A lovely list of Thankfuls.

Alycia said...

Such a lovely list. I am so thankful your mom is coming too ~ taht is a such a blessing! You have such a nice blog ~ I have enjoyed my time reading here! Blessings to you from Japan!

eph2810 said...

No matter how old we get, but having mom around is always a blessed. I wish my mom would make it across the pond one more time. I pray that you and your mom will have the best time together.
The husband is cool, isn't it. It is always good to up-lift our beloved. I pray that you will be blessed through this challenge and in turn your husband as well..

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to your weekend and always.

forgiven4this said...

Really loved your list, thanks so much for sharing it : ) Have an amazing weekend